Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Slider Table Saws to consider?

Felder are still charging for the parts to fix their design problem? Awesome for them but questionable for customers who are ordering a new machine. Am I interpreting this correctly Eric?
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    Felder are still charging for the parts to fix their design problem? Awesome for them but questionable for customers who are ordering a new machine. Am I interpreting this correctly Eric?
    In Product Development we and the Product managers and especially the sales force like call that scenario - product improvement based on user feedback…lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    I recall replacing the crosscut fence stop a year after I purchased the K3 (several years ago). The stop was found to move. Felder did not consider replacing it even though the saw was under warranty! I was not amused. This was (and remains) a very expensive machine for an amateur.

As an aside, in regard to using a Hammer in a production shop, I have mentioned that I purchased the K3 over a top-of-the-line SawStop. Both are equal in build quality. I would argue that they are somewhat better than Grizzly and a number of other tablesaws. Yet, there are many production shops running Grizzly and SS. Either I have absolutely no concept of the demands placed on a slider in a production shop (very likely!), or some here are extremely and excessively picky about machines. As an amateur, I am very satisfied with the K3 but not in a position to know what I may be missing out on.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Gagnon View Post
    Chris,

503-168 is the mounting bracket for the front cross-cut fence

Attachment 471753

(along with the 90 degree stop);

503-137 is the small support table (prism shape)
    Thanks Jacques.

The part I listed is actually the 90 degree stop component, without the "coupler". Not listed in the catalogue. Liz found it as a spare part, so I can save a couple bucks verse buying the extra miter. It's $82, verse $156. That's why it's a line item that is not written in English.

This saw comes bundled with numerous other options too. I didn't list them, because they are all noted on the Felder/Hammer web site. It seems to be a pretty good deal at the current sale price. Roughly a $3000 discount. No idea how long this sale is good for, but if anyone is on the fence, now might be a good time to commit.

The Felder K500 is also on sale (as is other machines). The K3 bundle had many options over the K500, which made it an even better deal. Otherwise, the K500 would have been the machine I'd have gone with. I'm sure I'll be happy with the K3 though. I've been happy using my mid 90's Unisaw forever, it seems...... I think this will be a pretty big upgrade.

Just got the word my saw is in the states. Paid the remaining balance, now they are crating it up for final shipment.

Time to kick the vette out of the garage and into winter storage. Sigh, winter is coming..... At least I'll have a new toy to play with soon.

Ah...New Tool Day will be upon you real soon now!!

I'm a little jealous you'll get to use yours...my SC3S came in two months early and I had to park the crate in the temporary gara-shop until I can move it into the new shop building which literally was built last week and is a month or three away from being usable.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Michael, are you really in Alaska? The shipping must kill you!

Yah, shipping anything here is absurdly expensive.

Well Jim, I get to use a new toy in a garage..... You get a whole new shop! I'm the one who's envious.

Can anyone comment on the resale value Felder vs Minimax sliders?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Melvin View Post
    Can anyone comment on the resale value Felder vs Minimax sliders?
    Both should be "up there". I do not believe one has an advantage over the other.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Sometimes you can find these saws cheap..

have you forgot about Altendorf?

For what it's worth, I have seen a lot of Hammer sliding table saws up for sale over time. However, I pretty much never see the Minimax lower end saws (like SC2C or similar). On the larger machines, both Felder K700 and SCM saws (like SI315 or Nova) are commonly up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by jack duren View Post
    Sometimes you can find these saws cheap..
    There are two nice Felders up on the SF Bay craigslist at the moment, both are quite reasonably priced.

I snagged my K700 for about half what those are asking. So, yes deals can be had on these.

Blog Entries
    The problem with some of the saws is the electronics.

I think our was a WA8. Automatic tilt and rise. When it fails , if you can’t fix , you’ll pay too.
    Last edited by jack duren; 02-13-2024 at 7:22 AM.