Thread: American Society of Legal engineers.

American Society of Legal engineers.

Anyone heard of them? know anything about them?

Sounds like PE wannabes.

I don’t know anything about them , but it sounds like they are in the space of professional engineers (usually licensed by the states after examinations and experience ) or forensic engineers

Maybe some folks who couldn’t pass (or qualify for) the EIT and PE exams are trying to figure out an alternative

I've never heard of them but a google search for legal engineer is enlightening.

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I've never heard of them but a google search for legal engineer is enlightening.
    Sure was. "More generally, the role of the legal engineer is to interface between legal and technology professionals in order to build software to interpret, enforce, or prove compliance with the law." Here's a LINK to the article at FastCompany if anyone is interested.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Whatever it is, here it is: https://americanlegalengineers.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Sure was. "More generally, the role of the legal engineer is to interface between legal and technology professionals in order to build software to interpret, enforce, or prove compliance with the law." Here's a LINK to the article at FastCompany if anyone is interested.
    It's not like I really needed another reason to be glad I retired when I did, but that just provided one.
    One more example of the triumph of process over product.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

People just don’t like “interface”….both those who don’t know what it is , and those who do. Go Between is gonna come back !

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    One more example of the triumph of process over product.
    Well said Sir.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    People just don’t like “interface”….both those who don’t know what it is , and those who do. Go Between is gonna come back !
    How about liaison?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

[QUOTE=Jim Koepke;3163505]How about liaison?

yep , I think that would work and I’ve informed a number of news sources. The common man will NOT be deprived of butting into
    science !