Thread: Buffing Rubio monocoat after 24 hrs..

Blog Entries

Buffing Rubio monocoat after 24 hrs..

I tried looking up info on this, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot.

My finish is feeling too rough. Going to buff with wizards turbo cut (1200 grit) unless I can find a good reason not to...

Thoughts?

there is not enough info there and id put it in the finishing area ive used wizards and 20 other polishes you have not said your process or more, I dont know that finish, id put the question in the finishing area for guys that use it.

If that's a cutting compound I'd be worried about it getting stuck in the grain and being difficult to remove. When I used RM the finish was never rough in the sense in the classical sense of nibs, etc. in the finish. On walnut you could still feel the open grain. On Birdseye maple it was silky smooth. In one of my posts someone posted a video link where the guy had a detailed process of raising the grain after each progressive sanding grit. His finish looked really good. You might want to check that out.

I would try out that Wizards Turbo Cut on some scrap.

John

Blog Entries
    I'll check it out.

I think I simply took too long and didn't get everything buffed out in time. It's rough like... sandpaper ish feeling. I could also try a dry terry cloth bonnet on my buffer?