Thread: Meant to be...

Meant to be...

I love when things come together. I've been selling stuff out of my garage to make room for and fund my new wood shop. Any, a nice gentleman was coming to pick up some custom Harley Davidson foot pegs. He Zelled me the money days ago and today was his first chance to get them. He asked me if I was interested in a wood lathe. Come to find out he was trying to unload a PSI midi lathe. When I asked how much he wanted, he replied "a six pack of Naty's). As it turns out, he wasn't joking. He brought it over and I see it's a nice little machine w/ extension bed and variable control. It runs but needs a new belt. I had something similar years ago in my first shop and enjoyed turning mallets, pens, and silly little things. Needless to say, I paid him a 15 pack of Naty's!

Well good for you! Cant wait to see what you build.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Soon enough. Still waiting on things to be delivered.

Congrats on the lathe. Hope you enjoy turning as much as I do.
    Denny

Always try to be the best but, never think you are the best.

A six pack of diapers? Not sure what Naty's are. Good deal in any case. It's nice to have a spare lathe, seems there's always a couple projects going on.

between a baby and a dog in diapers I sometimes feel I will have to trade machines to keep them in them. Naty is Natural Ice(beer)

Naty

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    … Naty is Natural Ice(beer)
    Maybe tell Google - none of the results on the first page mentioned beer. Most were for a specific brand of diapers.

Then there was this, from the Urban Dictionary:
    Naty is the girl you love so much you are willing to give the world to.
    You are willing to take the most difficult path in life to show her you love her.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Naty

Yikes, even a 6 pack of those would result in a extended stay in a mental health facility, jail, or the cemetery.

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Maybe tell Google - none of the results on the first page mentioned beer. Most were for a specific brand of diapers.

Then there was this, from the Urban Dictionary:
    Naty is the girl you love so much you are willing to give the world to.
    You are willing to take the most difficult path in life to show her you love her.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Naty

Yikes, even a 6 pack of those would result in a extended stay in a mental health facility, jail, or the cemetery.

For me a six-pack of Naty's is National Bohemian. It's what I buy and drink.

9. Awesome. That’s a pretty good little lathe. It’s what I started with and loved it. I sold it when I upgraded and am kicking myself to this day for doing that.
    Jeff