Quote Originally Posted by fred everett View Post
To the SS owners, any gotchas and/or thoughts? Any accessories you wish you have added from jump? Other thoughts?
I bought PCS 3HP 36" 220v few months back. Some thoughts:

- If you have 220 buy 3HP. I am still using the combination blade that came with saw. I ripped few 8/4 maples boards this week. Worked wonderfully.

- Buy ICS base instead of PCS base. Inhad to move the saw bunch of time to configure the shop. ICS base makes it a breeze.

- I did not buy the overarm dust collection accessory. If I had extra cash I would have bought one. I have hose hanging from roof instead.

- I am yet to rip anything beyond 2'. If you don't cut sheet good, maybe a 30" model will do. There is some difference in the fence (on 30" model) so check that though.

- the wooden part of the table (somehow I can't remember it's name right now), in black color, on right hand side is flimsy at best. On my saw it's far away from flat. I will replace it some day.

- if you don't already have it, get incra miter gauge. One that came with saw is good but not as good.

- one accessory that I will buy in next few months - either a digital gauge or woodpecker rip flip fence system.