Thread: Router Table Throat Plate

Router Table Throat Plate

Hi All,

I have a new to me ryobi router table which I've been excited to use. One of the throat plates doesn't lay particularly flat and will catch on the wood before it gets to the router bit. Should I sand this down a bit? The other throat plates don't lay perfect but don't really impact the use so far. My other choice is to use a different throat plate with a wider opening but I'm still leaning towards sanding it down.

Any thoughts?

Luis

Any irregularity on the table surface will negatively affect the piece of wood being shaped. That is, if there is a bump on the router table the bump will most likely show up on the piece you are routing. For best results the table should be dead flat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hayward View Post
    Any irregularity on the table surface will negatively affect the piece of wood being shaped. That is, if there is a bump on the router table the bump will most likely show up on the piece you are routing. For best results the table should be dead flat.
    I agree completely.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute