Thread: Found out how to get rid of sawdust.

Found out how to get rid of sawdust.

Not my video. And may be slightly off topic but was very interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ri62uzLoss

Blog Entries
    I wonder what that cost him to make? I'm surprised he didn't add level sensors to his new bin to automatically turn on the hydraulic system.

His next project will be a shed to store the briquets during the non heating season.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I wonder what that cost him to make? I'm surprised he didn't add level sensors to his new bin to automatically turn on the hydraulic system.

His next project will be a shed to store the briquets during the non heating season.
    Either that or a outside furnace to convert heat to energy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    Either that or a outside furnace to convert heat to energy
    He had a wood stove heating his shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    He had a wood stove heating his shop.
    To get rid of it in the summer

I just watched the whole video, like a mad scientist. Actually found it fascinating and interesting, talented. However, lots of serious overkill. How much sawdust does he actually make? Wonder how long and how much it cost in money and time? Way to much time on his hands....... Wish I had his shop and talent though. Randy
    Randy Cox
    Lt Colonel, USAF (ret.)

Definite overkill, but cant argue its effectiveness. My dust bin always fills at the most inconvenient time. If I could just turn this on and continue working that would be awesome. I dont have the time or energy to go through with this but I like the idea a lot though

My woodstove burns about 100 lbs of wood on a cold day. Do you know how much sawdust it takes to add up to 100 lbs? A lot more than I produce in a day, and probably most weeks. These home briquet machines never make economic sense. That guy sure was determined though.

John

That guy is a freak of nature beyond stuff like that. Man I use to watch some of his phonograph builds. Crazyman

If it was a $500 add to a dust collector it would make sense to do it. Even if you could produce 50lbs a month. 600 lbs saves you a week of wood and you have to get rid of the dust either way. The bricks may also burn slower than wood but im not sure

Don't know much about them but similar presses are used to compress metal shavings from machine shops before running to the scrap yards. They have to remove as much oil and coolant as possible or the metal dealer wil lnot take it.
    Bill D

Wow! A 40 minute video about getting rid of sawdust?

I watched about 5 seconds after seeing the length...

Understand it is some kind of device that compresses sawdust into blocks for burning...

Guess I really have no interest in the subject.
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Space View Post
    Wow! A 40 minute video about getting rid of sawdust?

I watched about 5 seconds after seeing the length...

Understand it is some kind of device that compresses sawdust into blocks for burning...

Guess I really have no interest in the subject.

It is heavily over engineered Hydraulic compression tool hooked to the bottom of his dust collector. Not for everyone but thought it was interesting enough to share

Wen makes a 6.5 ton electric logsplitter for 297.00 on Amazon. Would have saved him alot of work.