Thread: Two end tables

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Two end tables

Hi, sharing two end tables completed recently. These are my design, refined over a few mock-up iterations. The goal was something between organic and mid-century modern, maybe a little bit sexy. I could not decide between Cherry and Walnut so made one of each. They relate to a nearby 54" diameter kitchen table of a similar design I completed last year.
    Dimensions: 22 1/2" high, 32" diameter
    Tops are both veneered over a BB substrate circle wrapped with 1 1/8" thick hardwood edging
    Joinery was a combination of a splining machine and a shop made doweling jig.
    Finish: Osmo Polyx. I see some discussion in this forum lately about natural look finishes such as Osmo and Rubio MC. I am very happy with the way the Osmo turned out here. The sheen is very natural, and the tops have a silky feel.

I included a few zoomed in photos of details like the foot relief and intersection of the components. The structural center has a hand carved hollow. The top edge profile is a very large radius roundover on the underside and a small cove on top where the veneer transitions to the solid wood edge.
    Both tables look very nice in the room where they live. I hope you like them.

two retouchback sm.jpg4Y1A7229 back sm.jpg2bases final sm.jpg4Y1A7272 flatback sm.jpg
    Last edited by Edwin Santos; 12-20-2021 at 1:36 PM.