Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drawer Slide Supply Chain Shortage

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    I'm kicking myself for dumping a couple of hundred Grass slides I fell into a while back.
    Yeah, hind sight is always 2020. Being a pack-rat is never good but it always works out the day you make the resolution to dump inventory three weeks later you could use it or sell it for 5x. Just have to put it out of your rear view and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hendershott View Post
    The Dynapro just seems better machined and have less slop than Blum, plus they seem to require less force to open them..
    The Dynapro's to me have just got to be grossly under-rated in weight. You just pick up a case of Dynapro's compared to any other and its night and day. And the sliding member doesnt rack/roll around. I always wondered if the other brands run their slides loose to allow more fudge factor but no idea. I never understood how Blum became the benchmark compared to the Dynapros but I would guess marketing and the home centers were the key. Then add in the hobby market that buys blindly and they hit the triple threat.

Thanks for this thread, I should order mine soon for my built in project.

The KV's install pretty much the same as the Blum.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Bade View Post
    The KV's install pretty much the same as the Blum.
    Every slide out there under or side mount are true32 so if your in that format they are all the same.

I appreciate this discussion. Blum user scrambling for alternatives as we were told 3-5 month backlog. We were sent slide samples from Hardware Resources Dura-Close. They sent a pair of 15" slides and two different types of locking devices. I need to build a 15" drawer box for trial but I am not optimistic. Feels a bit mickey mouse. I am interested in trying the Grass Dynapro with the 4 way adjustable locking device.

How do the Accuride slides compare?

This surprised me, but my blum undermount 18” slides showed up today. I purchased four sets from rockler, as I mentioned before. Oddly enough, they sent me an email before Christmas saying the expected delivery date was pushed back to February 2nd. If you need a few slides, maybe try rockler? Not sure if they have the best price, but I had a gift card I needed to use up.

FWIW - Hettich is a very nice slide, very reasonably priced, and though a little slow, my local supplier has had much better luck getting them. I've tried all others mentioned, Grass, Salice, Accuride. No complaints - just a Hettich guy as that's what my local supplier has always carried.
    As for BLUM, I presume Rev-A-Shelf orders and pricing problems are directly related, as they tout the Blum as a feature on many of their products.
    Betting they're in the top 10 cue for priority of shipments from Blum.

Has anyone tried using the Lee Valley undermounts?

I just got a shipping notice on 9 pairs of blum tandem slides from Cabinet Parts! Woo Hoo!

OrnateAgileAlbertosaurus-size_restricted (1).jpg
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Just checking in on this thread. I just got an update that my back-order has been bumped to September, with locking devices not being available until march of 2023. Hows everyone dealing with this?

13. Gave up on Blum, Grass Dynapro a bit easier and was surprised to like them much more. What size Blum did you need? I have a few that I might unload.

Blog Entries
    I just tried to get some 10" full extension side mount slides and, you guessed it, out of stock & on back order. They said it should only be a couple of weeks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hendershott View Post
    Gave up on Blum, Grass Dynapro a bit easier and was surprised to like them much more. What size Blum did you need? I have a few that I might unload.

563H 21" Are the Grass Dynapro a direct replacement? My cabinets & boxes are all done.