Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dewalt DW735 performance issues

Have you checked the blades and their mounting surfaces as Mike suggested?
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

I you try a pass with another board through the planner Do you get the same result? If yes that would call the planner knives into question. I don't know how much work you are looking at but you could also get out the winding sticks and go all hand tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Clausen View Post
    I you try a pass with another board through the planner Do you get the same result? If yes that would call the planner knives into question. I don't know how much work you are looking at but you could also get out the winding sticks and go all hand tool.

i had one five foot board. I live in an apartment building and I needed to finish making noise before afternoon. I ended up planing it by hand. It at least was thicknesses parallel to the jointed surface. Which was the most important part for me.

I haven't yet checked the blades

It could be the thickness adjustments within the planer. Something could be loose, or worn.
    Measure the thickness of the board in several places to see if it has any variation.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night