Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How do you tell someone

I would be polite in response, but at the same time thinking to myself “this is where food goes to die”
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    *** bonus points***
    if you can name these 2 cars below, especially the white one
    Attachment 470146
    Black one is pretty easy: Aston-Martin Lagonda. File that one under "Seemed like a good idea at the time."
    White one, no idea: it's not really that ugly, it's just relentlessly generic. Mid-'80s Olds or Pontiac mid-size if I had to guess.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I KNEW you'd know the Aston-Martin, Lee!

Believe it or not, the white car is a (cough) 1980 Dodge Challenger...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Believe it or not, the white car is a (cough) 1980 Dodge Challenger...
    Had to look that one up: actually a rebadged Mitsubishi...makes as much sense as a 4-door Charger, I guess. Urp.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Blog Entries
    I had a similar reaction to that kitchen to what I get from a lot of live edge, epoxy pour river tables

I had a similar reaction to that kitchen to what I get from a lot of live edge, epoxy pour river tables
    Somehow I can see that live edge table blending in quite well with those cabinets...they were made for each other. All that's needed is a shag rug and a Harvest Gold stove & refrigerator.

& flocked wallpaper in the dinette with the table......and a lava lamp on the table. No..scratch that. Lava lamps are neat. I like lava lamps....
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

Makes sense, you belong in a padded room.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Somehow I can see that live edge table blending in quite well with those cabinets...they were made for each other. All that's needed is a shag rug and a Harvest Gold stove & refrigerator.

& flocked wallpaper in the dinette with the table......and a lava lamp on the table. No..scratch that. Lava lamps are neat. I like lava lamps....
    But the flocked wallpaper has to be deep crimson. And yes, lava lamps will always be cool.

But the flocked wallpaper has to be deep crimson
    LOL! That's what I had in the laundry room of my old house! Somebody had purchased 6 rolls of it from the store I worked at and never came to pick it up. We stuck it in a closeout pile & it sat there for a few years. I finally got sick of moving it around and bought it for like $5 for the whole mess of it, then took it home and hung it in the laundry.

Yep it looked like exactly what you'd think it looked like .

I should also mention - this was about a year after my wife had left and a few years before I met my present wife. No way that stuff would have gone on the wall with either of them around
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

A new twist on the joke that safe sex is a padded headboard. One question is that in a trailer? The range looks European or RV sized.

I am thinking that the designer MUST be the love child of Elvis and Austin Powers.....

Looks like an eastern European hotel suite to me.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.