Thread: Thoughts re Rockler Material Mate Panel Cart

Thoughts re Rockler Material Mate Panel Cart

I am a one man show and it seems like a convenient way to hold and move the wood/lumber that's part of my current project. Right now I use some large Tupperware containers that I turn upside down...which have their limitations (start to collapse with too much wood) Trying to justify the cost of the cart...

Look for the "moving plywood" thread that was here quite recently...lot of discussion on this topic.

[eta:] Here's the link: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ghlight=moving
    Last edited by Paul F Franklin; 12-14-2021 at 9:18 AM.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Look for the "moving plywood" thread that was here quite recently...lot of discussion on this topic.

[eta:] Here's the link: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ghlight=moving
    Thank you.

OK, I read the whole above mentioned thread.....Not much info on the Rockler panel cart the OP asked about.

Anybody want to do a review of theirs??
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Rick,

This isn't the one you're asking about, but it's the one I have experience with. The Woodcraft panel cart is a little narrower front to back so it doesn't take up as much room, and all 4 wheels swivel, where the Rockler looks like it has 2 swivel wheels and 2 fixed. Having all wheels swivel makes it easier for me to position the cart where I want it. The cart is stable loading it from my truck and unloading it to my cutting table. I had the Portamate before it and the Woodcraft is head and shoulders over it. It's also a bit less expensive than the Rockler. Between the two I'd say it's a toss up.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    OK, I read the whole above mentioned thread.....Not much info on the Rockler panel cart the OP asked about.

Anybody want to do a review of theirs??
    Actually, I did a review of the Rockler Material Mate in that thread. After purchasing the Bora Panel Carrier, I bought the Material Mate from Rockler. While it doesn't fold up like the Bora, it much more stable, much easier to load and unload, much easier to maneuver with a full sheet, much easier to tilt from horizontal to vertical or vice versa, and it can double as a small work table. Other than the cost and the fact that it is larger than the Bora, there really is no comparison to the Material Mate as to function. If the promotion is still on, Rockler will give you a $50.00 gift card with the purchase of the Material Mate.

Hi Rob,

I did read your review which was great. I am just hoping for a few more opinions, and in the market for a small cart.

FWIW, I already have an ADAPA mobile cart, which is no longer produced. It cost about $1600 10 or more years ago. It works great, but is full sized, and I no longer need something that big, about the size of a HD lumber cart. It has a hydraulic pump and it folds down, but I am selling off some of my larger stuff, as I get too old to use it much.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.