Thread: Williams and Hussey Molder, Elliptical Jig, and Molding Knives

Williams and Hussey Molder, Elliptical Jig, and Molding Knives

I have a W&H Molder that I just don't use enough to justify the space it occupies, so it's time to find it a new home.

It's a fixed speed machine with a single phase, dual voltage 2 HP Baldor motor, currently wired for 240 V. The machine has 7" planer knives installed. The machine is mounted on an HTC mobile base. Nothing is broken and everything works as it should. The feed rollers work fine but are worn. That's the only apology. A new, fixed speed W&H molder currently lists for $3303.

I also have the factory elliptical jig, as shown in the photo. New, they list for $395.

And I have 28 pairs of knives, some factory stock, many custom, and all from W&H. A couple of them are still encased in plastic and have never been opened. All of them are in really good shape. New knives range from around $75 for small profile ones to over $150 for crown molding knives; custom ground knives of course cost more.

At 40% of new, the molder is $1200, the elliptical jig is $160, and at $40/set for the knives, they are $1120, for a total of $2480. To encourage a package deal I'm asking $2100 for all. I'm near Niagara Falls, NY.

John

Wish I was closer, John. That’s a good setup in really nice condition.
    Still waters run deep.

The knives have been sold.

The machine and elliptical jig are still available.

John

The machine and elliptical jig have been sold.

John