Thread: When I was using Corel Draw 4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When I was using Corel Draw 4

Way back when I was using Corel Draw 4 I used to use a texture and shading tool that was found in the tool box along the left edge. I'm using Corel 8 now and I can't seem to find that tool. There was also one that had a bunch of different pre-made images like leaves and vines that you could drag across your work like a line but leave a trail of images. I don't seem to be able to find that either. Are those tools still in there? Can someone remind me of where they are please. I need to do a checker pattern fill like the ones on a gunstock or pistol handle and that pattern was one of the many patterns on the list.

Thanks
    Randy Walker
    Grandpa
    Well equiped wood shop

Universal VLS230
    Sand Carving toys

Corel X8
    Randy Walker aka woodchuck
    Duck River Woodturners VP
    TAW member, Symposium comity member
    Volunteer Woodturners member
    Dickson Woodturners member

Randy
    I believe one might have been the fill tool which looks like a paint bucket. Another could be the interactive fill tool and also the blend tool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Hi Mike
    Good to hear from you again and so quickly. It isn't in either one of those (at least in the version I have). In Corel 4 there was a little triangle in the corner and when you clicked on it there was a fly-out box that had several options like what I mentioned in my post. When you clicked on one of the options some of them gave you more choices and even popped up a dialog box with more choices like size and spacing of the fill.

Randy Walker

I'm using X4-- Here's mine with the flyouts-

'big' paint can is just the "fill" tool,
    fill.jpg

'small' paint can below is the "interactive fill" tool--
    I-M fill.jpg

My BIL has the newer versions but he's gone home for the day and he brings his own computer, so not sure if his versions have these tools or not-
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

What you are describing sounds like the post script fill tool and the pattern fill tool. Both of those can be accessed by clicking the triangle on the fill tool.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I remember that icon

I remember that icon from C4 and I'm sure that's the one, but all I have in C8 is the small paint bucket. I checked the expansion menu and turned on all of the options but still no icon. Next I went to the Corel website to see if there is an update that I may have missed but it told me that I am up to date. Any idea how I get that set of tools for C8?
    Grandpa
    Well equiped wood shop

Universal VLS230
    Sand Carving toys

Corel X8

I'm running X6 and can see all the same fill options Kev posted. A wild guess here ... are you running on a C8 version where you need to be logged into Corel Connect in order to see all the features? Another thought is maybe not all the features were installed when you installed X8? It's possible you need to re-run the install and select Custom and make sure all the install options that you need have been selected.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Randy
    It is my understanding that there is an expansion button at the bottom of the toolbar that will reveal the missing tools.
    I have X7 but it sounds like the space is similar.

toolbar.PNG
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Found It

YES MIKE, below that circle is a light grey chevron style arrow pointing from left to right. It opens a call-out box with several options. One of them is a tiny little paint bucket with a menu next to it. Clicking on that icon opens a big dialog box with the options I am looking for.
    Thanks for all of the help. This thing has eluded me for nearly a month driving me crazy searching through menu's. This is why I continue to maintain my membership here at the creek. Anytime I have a problem that I can't solve one quick dip in the creek an the answer pops right up. There no other board quite like this out there.

Thanks to everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all
    Randy Walker

Looks like I need to update my bio. I've got lots more junk and programing now.
    Grandpa
    Well equiped wood shop

Universal VLS230
    Sand Carving toys

Corel X8

Randy

Glad you found what you're looking for. I have X7 but work with X5. 7 has a similar tool box but I looked on the internet and found a lot of people who were having the same issue as you.

BTW, I've one-upped you--I'm a great grandpa. The little squirt is now 3.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Congratulations Mike
    I have 3 grandchildren ages 11, 10, 3, and one due in January. Grandkids are the reward for parents not killing and eating (in jest lol) their teenage offspring.

Randy

Dipping in the creek this morning will sure get your nippys pointing. I have 2 Great ones 2 and 6
    Yes if it wasn't for the Creek I'd have given up lasering a long time ago. Currently have a problem thread going and I know you guys are workin on it. thanx
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander