Thread: Not much turning

Not much turning

This artistic rendition of Brant Point Lighthouse is made from local driftwood and a little turning. The platform and roof section of the house is turned the rest is made from pieces of driftwood I find locally. It is about 16" tall, has a round plastic 'window' which I glued up from some packaging. It also has a small led light which is on a timer and will stay on for 6 hours and off for 18. Details are pyrography with a little acrylic paint. I did have a few issues. I was working from a black and white print and did not pay attention to the roof details on both buildings. The lighthouse roof appears to be metal but because everything else seemed to be shingles I made it with shingles and had to re do it in addition. In the photo the roof of the lower part appeared to be grey but when I saw it on my computer I realized it was brown (I'm guessing cedar shingle color) so since this photo was taken it is now brown. I have been combining turning with driftwood and really enjoy the process. Thanks for looking!
    IMG_5315 (1).jpg
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

Very nice
    Wally

Very nice!
    Where did I put those band aids?