Thread: A nod to Frank Lloyd Wright

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A nod to Frank Lloyd Wright

Back in the fall we had gone to Falling Water and Polymath Park on a Frank Lloyd Wright getaway. At Polymath the flagship house is Mäntylä house. Absolutely amazing.

https://triblive.com/lifestyles/home...ight-property/

Most of the angles in the house are 60 degrees, the tour guide mentioned. I would have loved to be turned loose by myself in there with the camera with lots of time!

(my pic)
    20211005_120321.jpg

Wanted to do a little surprise for my wife and I hit on the idea of a micro cutting board, (or whatever she might want to use it for) so I did this:

20211207_205046.jpg

The angles are 60 degrees, that’s why the odd corners. Let me tell you, three nights of 3 separate glueups were a biatch, slipping and sliding until I figured out a jerry-rigged system of clamping. I cheated and did the cuts with the table saw and it was nerve-wracking but a rush when it was all done!
    There are dings from clamping and the planing stop but I never tried anything like it before, and she absolutely loves it.
    Nice smooth finish is courtesy of Jack! He did such a good job that I stopped right there.

20210819_143134.jpg
    Last edited by Richard Hart; 12-09-2021 at 4:37 AM.