Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Pantorouter

Buying Pantorouter

I have decided to buy a Pantorouter, and want to know if they ever have a sale or incentive available. If so, I can wait.

Also, wonder if anyone knows if the price will be going up in January? If so, I had better hurry up.

As always, a conundrum.

Thanks for any info.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

A few months ago, there was a discount through FWW magazine. I’ll check and see if it’s still available.
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

The Pantorouter price just went up by several hundred bucks about a month ago coupled with switching to the Bosch router. I wouldn’t expect yet another increase in January.

If you watch the Jay Bates video about the PantoRouter, on YouTube, he mentions a discount code (code JAY).

They honored it when I bought mine.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpy-oLksQR0
    Last edited by ChrisA Edwards; 12-08-2021 at 8:20 AM.

Agreed. The discount code from Jay Bates worked for me when I bought one last month.

Before I bought I emailed them to see if there would be a Black Friday / Christmas sale.

They were noncommittal but did say that were having trouble keeping up the orders they had, so I think a sale is unlikely.

Thanks.
    ===========

James Cheever
    Ga Tech NROTC - 1978
    Run Silent, Run Deep
    Commander, USN (Retired)

You probably already know this, but if you don't, the Pantorouter was designed by Mathias Wandel, who sells plans on his website. Cheaper to build your own, but obviously not as fast.

https://woodgears.ca/pantorouter/index.html

Well, I bit the bullet, and ordered the all in package.

Thanks for the responses guys. Chris and James....I used the discount code 'JAY', and it got me a $150 discount. Special thanks to you.

Now I had better get busy selling my Laguna slot mortiser, and my Castle pocket holer. They will be on the classifieds soon. Bedtime now.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

That's an interesting tool. When I saw the name I was thinking pantograph. Wood plans are interesting too.

Glad that discount code worked out.

My neighbor, 3 houses down has a Powermatic equipped shop, looks like a PM showroom. I was going to borrow/make use of his PM719T mortiser, but being the tool junkie I am, bought one myself. So now we have two PM719T's 100 yards apart.

I watched many YT demo's of the Pantorouter and bought their level 2 setup.

My neighbor saw mine and took delivery of his Pantorouter a couple of weeks ago. He bought their top level package with the Bosch Router.

I'll be using my Pantorouter today to make a base cabinet/stand (80W" x 54D" x 32H") for my new OneFinity CNC.

I made a mobile cart that also has a bit of a fine dust air scrubber.

I'll be using 1/2"x2"x2" tenons on 2"x4"s for the rails and mortises in 3.5"x3.5" for the legs.

Tool and die maker friend sold a Deckel pantograph years back. Amazing machine, turned a human into a floating CNC machine. Never felt anything with that precision. Six or seven feet tall. Wasnt the right time and I had other ways to do things but still wish I had bought that machine. tons of auctions never seen anything like it.

I cannot believe this.

I ordered the pantorouter after midnight last night. This morning at 9:15 I got an e=mail stating that it is already shipped, with the tracking info.

Wow, Merry Christmas to me!

I am really looking forward to this. A good friend has had a Multi Router for years, and loves it. The Pantorouter fits my need even better.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Congrats, Rick...that will be a nice addition to your shop. And yea...some companies do get stuff out the door really fast!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Pretty quick service. I ordered it on Thursday, and it arrived today, Monday.

I won't be checking it out until Christmas. It's a surprise. For me.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Pretty quick service. I ordered it on Thursday, and it arrived today, Monday.

I won't be checking it out until Christmas. It's a surprise. For me.
    Merry Christmas. You are so easily fooled.

I frequently take Janicewhokeepsmehumble shopping for her Christmas presents. I am required to wrap it myself, no store wrapping. She makes no effort to act surprised. The good news is that the presents always fit.
    Last edited by Thomas Wilson; 12-14-2021 at 8:25 AM.

LOL...I got to pick out my own candy choices for my stocking the other day while shopping with Professor Dr. SWMBO.

Congrats on your new tool, Rick! I'm looking forward to see what you create with it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...