Thread: enough is enough

enough is enough

Alright, ten attempts is my limit. When I tried to log on with my phone –– something I've always been able to do in the past –– I was run through the gauntlet, an endless maze of "enter your email address, decode this indecipherable code" over and over and over. I felt like Roger MacKenzie with the Cherokee in Outlander. This is simply unacceptable. What do we have here, Fort Knox? I just want to use Sawmill Creek on my phone. Is that too much to ask?

Sorry, but my frustration is genuine, and I am speaking my truth. I have always tried to be a productive and constructive participant on this forum, but this log on fiasco needs to change.

Some nice person here once helped me solve this same problem several months ago. Now it's back, and I cannot get in.

As you see, I've had no trouble getting in on my laptop. Absurd, no?

After I post this, I'm going to return to a post I started earlier today to read the comments. I would like to have been able to do that on my phone.

I just tried with my iPhone. (I do not normally use my phone for Internet forums because, um...screen size and my eyes) No gauntlet. Not sure what you were experiencing as I cannot duplicate it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Just logged I with my old Android phone. No gauntlet just user id and password. Sounds like your browser security settings may be set to max or you have some malware trying to steal your info.

Thanks, gentlemen. OK. I'll try again.

Blog Entries
    On my phone I use https://sawmillcreek.org/forum.php

No problems logging in.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jones 5443 View Post
    Hmmm, worked for me the last time I tried.

I've never seen a request for some odd code. Maybe post a screen shot (or two) of what you see? Did you try deleting any cookies?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jones 5443 View Post
    Hi Bob,

To diagnose this better you need to provide specifics. What mobile browser are you using including the version. It may also be helpful to know the device type and OS version. If you provide that, I will try to duplicate your issue and determine what is happening.

Derek

No trouble with my Android phone this morning, but last night SMC was completely down for me for hours. Finally, gave up. This morning, you're back.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    No trouble with my Android phone this morning, but last night SMC was completely down for me for hours. Finally, gave up. This morning, you're back.

John
    Thats what you call "unscheduled maintenance"

SMC was indeed down last night.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

One thing that I found is that some cell phones capitalize the first letter of a sentence. Therfore if your password does not start with a cap you will not have success.

For myself, - I've never seen a cell phone where you could not override the first caps letter just by pushing the caps button.....

I was not suggesting that it could not be overridden. It just may be that you are not aware of it. Since the password is not displayed when you type it.

This actually works. I recently cleared caches etc on my iPad and suddenly my login info wasn’t being retained and it kept having trouble redirecting after login. But I was landing on the main sawmillcreek.org page. I tried Lee’s suggestion and loaned behold I was automatically logged in.
    Thanks for the tip, Lee!
    Maria
    A woodchick can chuck wood