Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best sanding belt cleaners?

whats a stationary sander?

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    never used a cleaning stick but ive likely used one wallabee if not I used up one up and this is the second one. The rubber on these things is sticky like crazy. I dont know why I tried one of these but they work great.
    I thought you were kidding...
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    whats a stationary sander?
    Here's what I'm using. I've always called it a stationary sander. Maybe that's not right?

https://beavertools.com/708599k-jet-...odworking.html

I can't believe those combo sanders are going for $1700.. I paid less than $500 10-12 years ago. Good to know I guess if I ever have to liquidate.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I read that you can use sneakers. Never having tried it I cannot comment. I never need to do something that large so I just use my cleaning sticks meant for the purpose.

The thought is that you might be able to find used sneakers cheap or free.

I have an Edge sander a stroke sander and a small wide belt they are all stationary sanders so that is why I was asking. I have one of those as well but not up and running. The old wallabee would work excellent on that machine. You clean you as go. It sticks like crazy and hardly wears, you have to hold on well. Its fast. Take longer to change a belt.

If I ever use up the wallabee ill try those sticks to see if they are as good.

I give. What’s a Wallabee?

its a old school shoe. I found the second one more worn then the first post 8 photo