Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Bench Talk

Here is my “shoulder” vise. Clamps in a face vise. Originally it had one screw. I needed to hold an odd shape so I added more screws. You may not want to do that if you had a nice shoulder vise permanently fixed to your bench. In this case I could just make another one easily. This one works very well as is.
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by James Pallas; 12-08-2021 at 7:05 AM.

Just flattened my Moravian bench last night for no other reason than to get a workout. Two Gramercy hold fasts, wood screw leg vise and a wagon vise lined up with a row of dog holes. So far haven't had a need for more...yet.

Here is another tool that may be of interest to some. This is my bench hook. 30 60 90 angles which helps sometimes. Tips 30* away on one side, flip over move the cleat to the other side and it’s 90* and so on. It helps me because I have to stand up straight most of the time. For dovetails when tipped at 30* it makes it easy to see the top and the face without bending down to see the vertical face. The long angle makes it easier to use with either western or Japanese saws.
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images