Thread: Apple store - veneer?

Apple store - veneer?

I’m sitting here in the Apple store and I’m curious if all their furniture is veneer be solid wood. Here’s an example of some cubes with large finger joints

image.jpg
    Bob C

It wouldn't' surprise me as the solid stock for something like that can take more of a beating over time from the gazillions of folks who are going to be smacking it around in the store.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If I remember right from the last time I looked at the woodwork for a half hour waiting for someone, the oak boxes I sat on were solid, and the maple tables were veneer. I seem to recall baltic birch cube things as well.

There’s definitely no daylight in any joints
    Bob C

google has this

the display tables found in every Apple Store are not cheap. They are made from solid maple wood by Fetzer Woodworking and can cost several thousand dollars. But there is only so much you can do with pale, plain maple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    google has this

the display tables found in every Apple Store are not cheap. They are made from solid maple wood by Fetzer Woodworking and can cost several thousand dollars. But there is only so much you can do with pale, plain maple.
    Well...that's oak or ash in the OP's photo. But I'm sure that they were not inexpensive, given what they need to endure.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...