Thread: blade choices for WEN 6.5 inch track saw

blade choices for WEN 6.5 inch track saw

What are some good choices for a plywood finish blade for the WEN 6.5 inch track saw? I wanted to use the Diablo 60 tooth blade, but the Diablo has a 5/8 inch bore while the saw has a 20 mm shaft.

Numerous options here but not with a tooth count that high. That seems extreme for that small of diameter.

https://www.amazon.com/20mm-arbor-bl...&rh=n%3A552292

Looking at those search results, it looks like the closest I can get is 56 tooth count, either WEN or Makita. Guess I'll try the WEN first, just because of cost. If I'm not happy with it, I'll try the Makita. Thanks.

I think the Wen is pretty good, especially considering the prices. My track saw is a DeWalt and I normally use a DeWalt blade, however. It is also 6.5 inches with a 20mm hole.

I have the Makita and if I ever have to replace the blade, it will be the Makita. It gives superb cuts.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

The Wen can use both 6" and 6 1/2" blades that have a 20mm arbor.

That allows you to use DeWalt , Makita, Wen, Festool, Forrest - which BTW has a 60T blade in a 6" configuration. and Oshlun.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

The smaller track saw blades are 160 mm, the bigger ones used by Wen, DeWalt, and Makita (possibly others) are 165mm. I have used a Freud 160 mm ripping blade on my DeWalt but I give up a little depth of cut when I do. I think my Oshlun may also be 160mm.

Oshlun makes both a 160 mm (6") and a 165mm (6 1/2") - both have a 20 mm arbor hole.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon