Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCM Table Saw Blade Bore Spec

Quote Originally Posted by derek labian View Post
    ...you ARE really dependent on your sales contact to ensure your getting the right machine and the right configuration....
    True story recently: Delivered a K700S to a Texas customer and the sliding table was too short. 2500mm, not 2800mm like usual. We couldn't figure out how this was possible. It made no sense whatsoever. Long story, short: I spec'd and sold the machine correctly and the factory built correctly what was on their paperwork, so what happened? Order was placed during early stages of pandemic, employees newly WFH, etc. and unbeknownst to me or to the factory, we had been onboarding some new help and that person apparently just checked the wrong box when they locked the order with Austria. Fortunately, we had a spare 2800mm slider in the TX warehouse. I directed one of our techs to drive the replacement slider to the customer's site and install it. But we have a solid support infrastructure for that sort of thing. I don't know who else would cover having a tech hand-deliver and install part on standard/classical machine at their own cost, in-house error or otherwise.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Derek,

No other "oddities" have been noted. I also have to give my dealer a shout out, because once we were able to verify what blade configuration was needed, they supplied a blade (free of charge) with the 1" bore needed, as I had already purchased a 5/8" bore blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    but you may want to touch bases with Sam Blasco if you are considering buying one
    I did in-fact already buy one which is why I was trying to ensure I had the right arbor size.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Given historically, US bound machines didn't use the 30mm arbor. Erik brings up a good point that supports my recommendation in that there may have been some with 1" arbors rather than the 5/8" that was common on many of the US version sliders. My suggestion is also because sometimes the online specifications do not reflect US-specific configurations in the marketing materials.
    Just to wrap up this thread: You (or Erik, or you both) were correct, manual is euro spec, and US spec comes with 1" arbor.

Sounds like a happy ending! 1" arbor is nice and readily available in these blade diameters, too. Lots of good choices.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Derek, Im also considering an ST5ES, and just emailed Sam a huge list of questions. When do you get yours? What other options/specs did you go for?