Thread: Powermatic model 66 wiring assistance

Powermatic model 66 wiring assistance

Hello all, I am new here and am in much need of some advice. I have a Powermatic model 66 with a 3HP single phase 220 Baldor motor. I am needing help on how to wire the start and run capacitors. Going to the capacitor housing, I have a total of five connections. One yellow wire, one jumper (that accounts for two connections), and two other white wires. When I start the saw, the motor barely moves to alternate between clockwise and counterclockwise. Thanks in advance for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Stafford View Post
    Hello all, I am new here and am in much need of some advice. I have a Powermatic model 66 with a 3HP single phase 220 Baldor motor. I am needing help on how to wire the start and run capacitors. Going to the capacitor housing, I have a total of five connections. One yellow wire, one jumper (that accounts for two connections), and two other white wires. When I start the saw, the motor barely moves to alternate between clockwise and counterclockwise. Thanks in advance for any help!
    There should be a motor wiring diagram inside the junction box on the motor or on the outside of the motor. If not, you should be able to find the wiring diagram for that make/model motor online.

John

Google this

3HP single phase 220 Baldor wiring

By the way, are you using a starter, or a big honkin' DPDT switch?
    Last edited by Myk Rian; 12-05-2021 at 1:34 PM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Stafford View Post
    Maybe if I quote you, the system will let you know of replies.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night