Thread: Three 8x10 Frames

Blog Entries

Three 8x10 Frames

I am still just getting warmed up after a 2 year hiatus so I am doing some small items to wake up my muscle memory .

One of these goes to a neighbor who just had a birthday. The other two will find homes during Christmas I bet.

Below order, left to right is Peruvian Walnut, Black Walnut and Sapele.

The inner frame on the left is Curly Maple. The other two are Tiger Maple. Finish is a Transtint Medium Brown wash on the outer frames and ARS as a topcoat on everything.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Those look great!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Those are outstanding!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. Baby steps right now. Next will be some boxes or small wall cabinets I think. By summer I should be ready to start on the bedroom set, the sideboard, the kitchen island, various tables and cabinetry . . . I think my to-do list should last from here to dementia even without taking any commissions .

– Samuel Butler

Beautiful set of frames. Those clamping cauls look super useful. Where did you pick up that idea? I’ve never seen those before.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe A Faulkner View Post
    Beautiful set of frames. Those clamping cauls look super useful. Where did you pick up that idea? I’ve never seen those before.

I was trying to make Shop Made "Blokkz" and this is what I came up with. I'm sure I picked up the general idea somewhere along the way; I'm not that clever ;-)

– Samuel Butler

Great looking frames Glenn. Picture frames are not that easy to build. Looks like you have a good system figured out. Very Nice

These are fine examples of your frames using contrasting woods. I have admired the many frames you have previously posted. Thanks for sharing.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Thanks for the follow-up Glen. Nice tool/jig tip.

Well done Glenn!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Those Blokkz's are great and part of what I love so much about this forum. Thanks for sharing, and your frames came out beatiful!

framing is so much work!! ....those came out wonderful!!!

Excellent work.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. I'm trying to get my chops back up to snuff before I start larger items for the home.

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm trying to get my chops back up to snuff before I start larger items for the home.
    Glenn - just saw this and I can relate. I have been working on my shop as time allows for 3 years now and it is not done but functional and currently buried in a living room gut and redo.

I told my wife recently a lot of the things I built a few years back I am not sure I could build right now.

Since I don't do this for a living, a lot of the muscle memory as you mentioned is not there if not kept current. Looking forward to retirement when I can get into some consistency.

Nice frames BTW.
    Regards,

Kris