Thread: Deleting photos from posts

Deleting photos from posts

I tried to find way to delete photos from my post, but I find no mention. Can I get some advice? Also, when I uploaded the pics, they were rotated and I wanted to straighten them out. Thanks.

You can delete the photo from the main text but it just goes to a “lame user” bar at the bottom of the post.

About the rotation, on my Apple devices, images appear in the orientation that I took them. When uploaded, they are sideways. I have figured out that if I use the editor in the Apple Photo that I can use the rotation to rotate 180 degrees, save it, edit again to rotate 180 degrees again and save it again. When uploaded, the image is the intended orientation. How does it work. Don’t ask. It’s magic.

If you go back to a few of my old posts, you will see several that have sideways images in the lame user box.

SMC's policy is that content once posted is permanent...it helps things make sense over time. If there is sometime about a specific photo that causes legal or similar concerns, you can contact Keith directly. We have a short "edit" window on posts like pretty much every forum operation to avoid mass deletion of content or other issues that impact the integrity of the database and it's been that way since we started way back in 2003.

As to the rotation issue, this is a common thing and there is a sticky thread at the top of this Forum Technical Support discussion area that addresses it. The issue is generally related to photos from mobile devices.

Jim
    Forum Moderator
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...