Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone using a Onefinity CNC?

Chris, put ferrite beads on the power cables to reduce noise. The cable going from the VFD to spindle can interfere with the signals going to the steppers. With drag chains all the cabling is close together and can cause problems. That's why Onefinity doesn't sell them as an option.

Thanks, I have a set ready to go on the cables. I plan on wiring up the VFD and spindle tomorrow. Waiting for some water tubing to arrive, what came with the kit is a little stiff and not long enough.

When I've got that, I can start to tuck everything neatly into the drag chains.

Now I'm tramming, got a 1/4" piece of glass, 15" square, locally for $13. It's right on the edge of allowing a full 360 degree swing of my homemade tramming jig to clear the block of the Z assembly. Should have got 16" square.

Sure wish someone made a dial indicator with a bluetooth feed to an app on my phone. I seem to spend a lot of time doing circles around my table.

Edit: Then I did a Google search and found some, but a bit out of my price range ($400+).
    Last edited by ChrisA Edwards; 01-05-2022 at 1:47 PM.

Bluetooth! That would be cool.
    One word: Mirror – machinists have been using them for years.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney