Thread: Which is the real Jessem?

Which is the real Jessem?

So I made up my mind last night to get a Jessem tool. And as I usually do, I check out the "obvious" places to get it, then head on over the Amazon, where I usually end up getting it. On amazon, the price is usually the same, if not cheaper, but the free shipping wins every time (I can't believe what Rockler charges for shipping, or that they still get away with charging for shipping at all!). Not to mention if I get an Amazon order in more than 2 days, something is wrong, whereas Woodcraft "will show up eventually" (and Rockler still charges you for the 2 week option!!!!!!!!). I digress....

So I find the "tool" on Amazon for a really nice price, free shipping, which takes Woodcraft out contention. Rockler has it for a "higher price", they're out. Wait a minute, in Amazon "Customers Also Looked At" is the same tool, at a higher price? Turns out there is "JessEm" and "Jessem Products Limited" both selling stuff on Amazon. I'm inclined to think that JessEm is the legit brand, and Jessem Products Limited is fake chinese patent rip off seller. I know that there is more fake stuff on Amazon than real, but this is the first time I've seen it with a brand like Jessem, surely they have lawyers that keep this stuff away?

I ended up ordering on Woodcraft, I've had a very good experience with their customer service and ate the 10$ shipping, I just couldn't make up my mind which Jessem was "real" on Amazon.

JPL is the incorporated name of JessEm in Ontario.

Rockler has never charged me for shipping

Check with Jessem directly. Pending where you live (sales tax state), you might get lucky if jessem ships direct to you with no sales tax and free shipping. I was going to order a jessem router table but they are on backorder and I did have some not so great e-mails with their customer service trying to get a sense of when the items would be in stock. I went with woodpecker.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

I called JessEm customer service after I bought a router lift from them. I was blown away by the excellence of personalized service and follow-up on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jones 5443 View Post
    I called JessEm customer service after I bought a router lift from them. I was blown away by the excellence of personalized service and follow-up on their part.
    I am glad you got good customer service. The person I was e-mailing with and also got on the phone was really not helpful at all.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

Rockler ships for free over $39 if you get on their email list. Right now they have a coupon code V20837 for 20% off on a single item that is not on sale through the month of December.

I ordered from Rockler earlier this week, signed up for their email list, and chose the free shipping. This shipping option said it could take two weeks but it showed up in two days.