Fellas, I just had an aluminum branding iron to identifty my woodworking projects. I had an idea that instead of branding the item itself...I would make wooden medallions and then brand those medallions by using a jig to center things and then inlay the medallions into the project for a special touch. This way, you could also eliminate the chance that you get a crappy brand onto the actual project. By making these medallions, you can discard any bad brands and only utilize the good ones and thus, guarantee that you don't muff up the project by an ugly transfer. My question is...I obviously would like to use a forstner bit to hog out the inlay hole. My brand could use any of three ( 1 3/4" - 2" and 2 1/8") forstner bits. The problem is crafting a way to obtain the proper fitting medallion? I am thinking making a jig to use with a router and a guide bushing set up that, when accounting for the difference between the bushing and the outside of the bit...would end up one of those forstner bit sizes. I realize that it would take some touchy sizing..but I figure go a hair small on the original diameter and carefully work my way out by sanding the template until I get a good fit. I have always loved working with red oak and I am figuring on using red oak for the medallions and probably a 1/4" thick. Cut them into a piece of wood and then run them through the tablesaw to free them from the stock. Does anyone have a better idea or another idea? Would appreciate hearing any ideas. Thanks guys