Thread: Did You Miss the Lee Valley Seconds Sale?

Blog Entries

Did You Miss the Lee Valley Seconds Sale?

Tomorrow is cyber Monday.

Starts 12 Midnight EST.

Includes discounted gift cards, very tempting.

Supplies are limited.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

It's 12:08 am in Ontario - 9:08 on the west coast.
    Finished my shopping. Got myself a gift card and that'll have to do.
    Once plane production comes back, I'll look at a combination plane. There are still some 20TPI dovetail saws and junior jack planes, but that's it for woodworkers.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Thanks Jim. Like I need help spending money. 8^)

Tom

were there a lot of items for sale? just checked now and not much is for sale.

Alex, the reason I got on at the start time was because I got almost nothing on the “seconds” sale this year. I got myself a gift card so I essentially get a 15% discount on discretionary spending.
    Almost nothing for woodworking in the tool section cyber Monday.

Alex, the reason I got on at the start time was because I got almost nothing on the “seconds” sale this year. I got myself a gift card so I essentially get a 15% discount on discretionary spending.
    Almost nothing for woodworking in the tool section cyber Monday.

They didn't seem to have any factory second planes this year, unless they sold out quick and were removed from the list.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Jordan View Post
    They didn't seem to have any factory second planes this year, unless they sold out quick and were removed from the list.
    Those all went fast at the seconds sale last month > https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?294309

A few here got lucky.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

I got myself a $1,000 gift card. I am certain that I will be buying that much anyway. Other than the 20tpi dovetail saw there was nothing else of interest to me.

Blog Entries
    Found one item still available. Bought it and a couple of other things needed.

It is now dawning on my why it was always difficult to buy a gift for my father. Like me at this age he pretty much had everything he needed.

jtk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    ... he pretty much had everything he needed.
    I'll admit I have pretty much have everything I need, plus more. But I also recognize need doesn't always have much to do with want.

This year I did the gift card because a discount on supplies is never bad, plus I grabbed the little side axe they had. Did I need it? No. Will I use it? Probably not, except to satisfy my curiosity.

ETA: the axe just came. Got to love UPS. They bashed it around so much the box had accordion pleats in all three dimensions, the very securely attached temporary sheath was knocked askew, and the corner of the blade was sticking through the box. Doesn't mater (much) to me it was going to need a sharpening anyway, this will just be a little more work. I do wonder what the customers with slashed packages will think?

PS- initial impression is that the side axe is really nice for the money, but if I was intending to go full "Another Work is Possible" or Peter Follansbee I'd want much better fit and finish.
    Last edited by David Bassett; 12-06-2021 at 8:01 PM. Reason: Add more