Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overhead Dust Collection for TS - Optimum Hose Size

fwiw, I purchased the replacement parts from Grizzly for my over the blade collection on the TS and made my own mounting. I wanted this coming down from the ceiling, and wanted to be able to swing it out of the way. A 4" port runs to a blast gate mounted on the vertical structure, with a short piece of 2.5" to the blade hood.

I am happy with it, definitely an improvement over no overhead collection at all. It swings 'pretty far' out of the way but every now and then something hits. But if I am doing something that is that high above the table surface it means I probably shouldnt be and I go to hand methods (and keep the piece stationary).

One consideration 'depending' on your system, if you 'Y' into a larger dia from a smaller dia in a vertical run of ductwork, the velocity drops and larger pieces can then fall down once it goes into the larger section. This might not happen if you have massive air flow, but might be a factor depending on your air volume.

Keeping the work-plane free from vertical pipes/mounts/etc was a priority to me, hence the drop from the ceiling. (note not currently hooked up in the pic, give me a week)

IMG_4139.jpgIMG_4138.jpgIMG_4137.jpg
    Last edited by Carl Beckett; 11-30-2021 at 9:36 AM.