Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: saw stop

saw stop

i know im going to get alot of slack for this,,lol,,but i sold my delta 36-705 table saw and it really was a good one,,,and i have always wanted a saw stop so yesterday i went to klingspor and paid about 3400.00 for the professional saw with the 36 inch t glide fence system and the 229.00 mobile base,,,and after i got home i found out that they forget to give me the mobile base,,,,so this morning here i go back to klingspor to get it,,,after i got home and started putting it on the holes would not align to get it on,,so here i go back to klingspor to return it,,,and the saw weighs in at about 400 pounds or better,,,i asked the guy about bringing it back and he said i could,,lol,,now i have the problem of getting it loaded back on the truck,,im sure it is a great saw but im a firm believer that if you start out having that many problems,,,this isnt for you,,,i honestly want the saw,,but if i had that much trouble with just the mobile base,,,lord what is next when you start putting it together,,i believe if i had gotten the contractors saw i might not had this much trouble,,and i was thinking about getting an after market mobile base like the bora,,,,but as much as this beast weighs,,it might just crush it...and i really do hate it,,i wanted the saw because of the safety feature,,,im getting older ,,,and didnt want to take any chances,,but in all honestly,,,,at this moment after having all this trouble,,,i really wish i had that delta 36-725 back,,and i know it isnt no where near the quality of the saw stop,,,

Sound to me like more of a sales problem than the saw itself . I bought a Saw Stop Industrial and very happy with the purchase .

well i cant fault klingspor other than i had to make 3 trips to there store,,,,but even at that the weight is a deal breaker for me,,,and i didnt realize this till after i got it home,,,when your disabled weight isnt your friend,,,and i feel like if i keep it what else is going to happen,,,you know when you start out on something and have alot of trouble...you ask yourself,,whats next,,

It might be easier to modify or drill some new mounting holes in the mobile base. I don't think this should be a "deal breaker". There are plenty of satisfied Saw Stop owners on this forum (and elsewhere). I personally don't own a SawStop - I have the Grizzly 1023GRLX with sliding attachment and mobile base. I had to drill matching holes in the mobile base to fit the saw, just as I have done in the past for my other "mobile" machines. I personally feel that the added weight makes for better machine stability. I would estimate that my saw weighs in around 500 lbs - but it is easy enough to move (if I need to) with the mobile base.
    David
    Last edited by David Buchhauser; 11-27-2021 at 11:55 PM.

I have a SawStop and am very happy with it. The fit and finish as well as the performance is top notch IMO. Mine is the Industrial and has the Industrial base which is excellent. I also have a Bora mobile base under my Jointer/Planer. It works well too with a #600+ load. A glance at the Bora website will give the acceptable load for their bases. Personally, I’d go with the 4 swivel model. My Bora is only the 2 swivel model and it works well but isn’t as maneuverable as the SawStop.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff oldham View Post
    i know im going to get alot of slack for this,,lol,,but i sold my delta 36-705 table saw and it really was a good one,,,and i have always wanted a saw stop so yesterday i went to klingspor and paid about 3400.00 for the professional saw with the 36 inch t glide fence system and the 229.00 mobile base,,,and after i got home i found out that they forget to give me the mobile base,,,,so this morning here i go back to klingspor to get it,,,after i got home and started putting it on the holes would not align to get it on,,so here i go back to klingspor to return it,,,and the saw weighs in at about 400 pounds or better,,,i asked the guy about bringing it back and he said i could,,lol,,now i have the problem of getting it loaded back on the truck,,im sure it is a great saw but im a firm believer that if you start out having that many problems,,,this isnt for you,,,i honestly want the saw,,but if i had that much trouble with just the mobile base,,,lord what is next when you start putting it together,,i believe if i had gotten the contractors saw i might not had this much trouble,,and i was thinking about getting an after market mobile base like the bora,,,,but as much as this beast weighs,,it might just crush it...and i really do hate it,,i wanted the saw because of the safety feature,,,im getting older ,,,and didnt want to take any chances,,but in all honestly,,,,at this moment after having all this trouble,,,i really wish i had that delta 36-725 back,,and i know it isnt no where near the quality of the saw stop,,,
    Have you tried calling SawStop about the hole alignment problem? They are very good with customer service. Also, there is an adapter kit to convert the industrial mobile base for use with the Professional SawStop. Do you have that kit? Good luck. Set up for any tool can be frustrating. If I were near you, I would come help. Is there a woodworking club in your area?

I am surprised st this and would like to see a picture of the problem.

I think Saw stop has an extremely good fit and finish and excellent assembly instructions. The assembly parts are very well organized.

thank you tom,,im going to call them in the morning,,truthfully speaking i dont know how im going to get it into the truck to get it back,,,i might ask klingspor what they would charge to pick it up,,or at least thats one of the things im going to mention to saw stop tomorrow,,,and i didnt know this either,,but i was talking with the guy at klingspor and he asked me if it was put together or still in the box,,ii told him that other than the mobile kit i have touched nothing else in any box,,,he said if i had it would be a deal breaker and i owned the saw,,no returning it,,,im scratching my head,,,i just gave 3400.00 hundred dollars for this saw and you will not take it back,,home depot sells saw stops and you have got 90 days reguardless to bring it back,,,

". . . home depot sells saw stops . . ." Is this new?

I have the contractor saw with mobile base, and I was very impressed with the assembly instructions I got with it.
    < insert spurious quote here >

i dont know about new,,but yes,,,go to home depot web page and type in saw stop,,they not only have saw stops,,,but will deliever it to your house free,,well i say free,,im sure the shipping costs have been included

I can’t argue with your superstition. However, the sawstop and all the accessories I owned with it was top notch - from a quality, service, and ease perspective. I would suggest you give it some time to prove itself to you.

In the worst case scenario, you can resell it for a good price; these saws keep their value.

and i considered what you said prashun,,,,but i was told that this saw had a 30 day warranty period on it and if power was put on the saw,,which it hasnt,,it voided the warranty and it was mine,,,so that is a game changer as well,,,

I say BS to this 30 day / no power-up warranty indication. Sawstop has a 2 year material/worksmanship warranty. Whoever told you 30 day was the warranty was grossly misinformed. This difference of interpretation here might be no returns outside of 30 days or if the machine has been used in any way (i.e., powered up). That is not a warranty issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff oldham View Post
    and i considered what you said prashun,,,,but i was told that this saw had a 30 day warranty period on it and if power was put on the saw,,which it hasnt,,it voided the warranty and it was mine,,,so that is a game changer as well,,,
    Um...applying power to a machine isn't going to void any warranty. How would one know if there was any kind of issue without powering it up? Whomever told you that is pulling your, um..."you know what".

And I agree with Prashun. I actually own the saw he's talking about now as I bought it from him and the statement about "top notch" is spot on. Even pre-owned, it's an outstanding, high quality product.

BTW, if you got the PCS base rather than the ICS base, I can see how it's more difficult to install due to its nature as a "built in". If I had to install it, I'd want some physical help because it's more than just lifting a heavy machine onto a base. Many folks opt for the ICS mobile base (or a third party mobile base) for the PCS saw as an alternative.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Um...applying power to a machine isn't going to void any warranty. How would one know if there was any kind of issue without powering it up? Whomever told you that is pulling your, um..."you know what".

And I agree with Prashun. I actually own the saw he's talking about now as I bought it from him and the statement about "top notch" is spot on. Even pre-owned, it's an outstanding, high quality product.

BTW, if you got the PCS base rather than the ICS base, I can see how it's more difficult to install due to its nature as a "built in". If I had to install it, I'd want some physical help because it's more than just lifting a heavy machine onto a base. Many folks opt for the ICS mobile base (or a third party mobile base) for the PCS saw as an alternative.
    Exactly this - ICS base is a fantastic base. I was going back and forth and posted here on SawStop asking which I should get. I was 100% directed to the ICS base over the PCS base. The extra hundred something dollars was worth it's weight in gold when I move my saw around.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!