Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: saw stop

With the saw in the box, and the issues with a mobile base, how can one lose confidence with the saw?? And posting this with the opening sentence expecting push back it seems the OP got what he expected. Good luck to the OP and his grand daughter.
    Joe

As a sawstop PCS owner, I can say that the assembly instructions and organized packaging of parts was the most impressive I've ever seen, for any product. If there was an issue with assembly I am certain that a call to Sawstop would have you up and running in no time. I suggest you persist, the saw is worth it. Even without the safety feature the saw is incredible. The safety feature is just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Rogers View Post
    With the saw in the box, and the issues with a mobile base, how can one lose confidence with the saw?? And posting this with the opening sentence expecting push back it seems the OP got what he expected. Good luck to the OP and his grand daughter.
    Joe

Just curious - if the saw is still in the box, how do we know the base doesn't fit? I would also say that in my opinion the main reason folks buy the saw stop is the safety factor with the blade/cartridge. The quality of the saw is "secondary". But I don't own one, so this is just speculation.
    David

I think you are making a mistake if you are bringing it back. Take a couple of deep breaths and start over again. I bought my PCS 11 years ago.
    I bought the industrial base because I wanted the manoeuvrability it provides. There is some assembling to be done but the manual provides superb illustrated instructions. Good luck and take your time.
    Cheers,

Tim
    P1020353.JPG
    Picture taken 11 years ago.
    A couple of years later I installed a slider on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Janssen View Post
    I think you are making a mistake if you are bringing it back. Take a couple of deep breaths and start over again. I bought my PCS 11 years ago.
    I bought the industrial base because I wanted the manoeuvrability it provides. There is some assembling to be done but the manual provides superb illustrated instructions. Good luck and take your time.
    Cheers,

Tim
    P1020353.JPG
    Picture taken 11 years ago.
    A couple of years later I installed a slider on it.
    Tim - that's a great looking machine! I don't have a Saw Stop, but I did install the Saw Stop blade guard/dust collector onto my Grizzly G1023rlwx and it works great. I also installed the Grizzly "Bear Crawler" mobile base and modified it with supports for the sliding attachment. So now I can roll it around and the support legs stay adjusted.

David

20190607_163310.jpg20190607_163151.jpg20190607_163534.jpg20190607_163201.jpg

6. I have a PCS from Klingspor as well and have had have had a great experience with both the saw and the store in Hickory. Please post pictures so we can better understand the issue you are having. I will say that after assembling quite a few Jet tools, the SawStop went together flawlessly and had excellent assembly instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Behrens View Post
    As a sawstop PCS owner, I can say that the assembly instructions and organized packaging of parts was the most impressive I've ever seen, for any product.
    I've said this many times. Truly amazing.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    I've said this many times. Truly amazing.
    I second this. I've assembled tools from many companies and SawStop hired a good technical writer to put together their instructions. Unlike most companies who re-purpose someone with the wrong skills to write an assembly manual, or more like a 'guess the bolt that goes here' game.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

Jeff, I have the same saw and I got the mobile base that you got. I had to have friends come over to help me put it together.

I actually put the base on wrong and the holes didn't line up. I had to take it all apart. I am disabled and when I tipped the saw over, I had to have some friends come over and lift it back up, too.

I used the bolt on base for a couple of years, but you can only move the saw along the long side. After getting frustrated a few too many times, I paid for the Industrial Base (again having to have friends help me get it on), but it was worth the extra $$, as all you have to do is pump the pedal (built in pneumatic jack) to get it up 1/2" and then it rolls in any direction you need (towards you, diagonally or wherever).

I understand your frustration with the whole thing. It was difficult to get the saw assembled (despite the great directions and documentation). I found that watching a few assembly videos on YT helped me better understand the parts before I tackled some parts. The saw has been great, despite the initial difficulties face.

I have a friend that cut off his index finger a couple of years ago on his table saw. I have several friends and family members that don't do woodworking that have been happy to use my saw and I am not as concerned as I would be with another kind of table saw. That does not mean that accidents can't or won't happen on this saw (like kickbacks) that could hurt just as much, so I'm careful to be a good teacher, too.
    Last edited by Rod Wolfy; 11-30-2021 at 7:47 PM.

[QUOTE=David Buchhauser;3158420]Tim - that's a great look.........ay adjusted.
    David

I installed the same slider you haven on your saw; The grizzly. Mind you without the fancy Incra jig
    Cheers,

Tim

Let me keep this simple.

If money is not a problem, why not call the place where you bought it and ask them to recommend someone to get it up and running. It is well worth one day's wages, if it is the only way you can have the saw you really want.

As an old gimp, I have to keep reminding myself I'm not 75 anymore, and I should graciously accept help when needed. It is difficult for many of us to realize we are no longer self reliant in everything.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.