Thread: Neanderthal "epoxy" board

Neanderthal "epoxy" board

I was at the local lumber yard trying to come up with Christmas gift ideas and saw a knotty walnut board. I'm not a fan of epoxy myself but I do like the look when it's used in moderation. Regardless, the glut of epoxy serving boards posted online gave me a neanderthal-ic idea. So I went to work and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Ironically, there is a bit of epoxy in there since cutting the pieces perfectly is a bit beyond my skills.

PXL_20211121_190624709.jpgPXL_20211122_201823259.jpgPXL_20211123_142112918.jpgPXL_20211125_121357068.jpgPXL_20211125_160550448.jpg

John, that turned out fantastic! Inlaying with wood not only served a purpose to get a uniform surface, but also provide you a truly interesting way to accommodate a hanging handle on this charcuterie board. Bravo!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Very nice work John. I really like that piece of walnut. Nice way to save a really nice piece of wood.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

WOW!! That is thinking outside the box! Well done.
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Great looking pirce of wood! Nice save!
    Like the scalloped edge too!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I like it too. Very pleasing to the eye and you caught the sprit of the wood.
    Aj

That is very nice. Well done sir.
    And there was trouble, taking place...