Thread: triton router

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

triton router

Anyone have trouble with their triton router getting jammed up? One of the side handles has a centered button that you can push in and then rotate the handle to make the router go up and down while in a table. With the button pushed in, the router is dis-engaged from the notches in the plunge shafts and as a consequence will freely slide up and down those shafts. My button is stuck "in" and I cant get it to come back out. Consequently the motor will just freely slide up and down the shafts and I really have no control. After I pushed the button in this time and it jammed, I suddenly remembered doing the same thing 2-3 years ago and messed with it for a few weeks to get it unstuck. Anyone have any ideas? I'm really not that mechanically inclined.

Dean

Sometimes it takes a really good puch on the button as the collar is bing turned. I mean, a substansial push.

Most likely the spring / cam/ screw much. inside the handle is gmmed up , loose , or broken. The really bad news is that it's fiddly to get in there to diagnois and repair - especially if you're not mechanically inclined.

Your best course is probably send it to a repair facility.

First thing to try-make sure the electrical switch is in the off position. The safety system on the Triton routers use this as a primary function. This may release the button and the adjustment.

Thanks all, I finally beat it into submission.