Thread: Looking for "good" roller hardware

Looking for "good" roller hardware

In the middle of doing some shop cabinets, and one thing I've always wanted to try was a "Roller panel" INSIDE of a wall cabinet that I can put some peg board on, so I can have space in the back of the cabinet, and slide this roller thing from side to side. I'm set on this path, and have the principal of how it will work down, what I can't find is the right hardware. Part of the reason is I'm probably using the wrong names for things? Been to a few places and looked online, there's lots of "Roller Track", but not what I'm looking for: really smooth and firm. Basically I'm looking for ball-bearing drawer slide smoothness and performance, but in a small "roller panel" application. Anyone do this before, and what specific hardware/vendor did you use?

Blog Entries
    I have an egress in my shop. It’s one of those giant window wells with a ladder for a fire escape. It’s on a wall of pegboard about 10’ wide. I didn’t want to give up that area so I made a sliding wall of pegboard 4’ wide x 8’ high. The track came from an old garage door opener that had a one piece track. The trolleys are made of wood and the wheels are just roller blade bearings. I needed some bearings some years ago and found some on eBay for cheap. I think I paid $20 for 50 bearings. The inner diameter is is close nough to 5/16”.

That egress turned out to be a boon in my basement shop. It’s a great way to get lumber into the shop.

Not sure I get exactly what you are looking for, but try a search for mini barn door hardware.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Is this what you’re talking about ?

https://www.rehau.com/us-en/polymer-line