Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real-world use of Felder Fat 300 table

Real-world use of Felder Fat 300 table

Trying to decide between the Felder Fat 300 and Fat 300 S.

What's the actual lifting limit of these tables? I've had a 420lb countertop on my little harbor freight table, and it did fine actually.

Has anyone negative feedback on the side-operated foot pedals of the Fat 300 S? On the HF units the pedal is in the same position as the Fat 300, at the end. It is difficult to pump when a long item is supported, especially when placed low. So I would appreciate pumping the table up from the side but am curious about any drawbacks.

Primary uses will be: material handling around the shop, assembly of cabinetry and furniture, infeed/outfeed from the wide belt sander.

I've heard that the tables aren't level. Any more feedback on this?
    JonathanJungDesign.com

Blog Entries
    I have the small Barth and it has been great.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    I have the small Barth and it has been great.
    Which version and who did you order it through?
    JonathanJungDesign.com

Blog Entries
    I don’t know/Martin USA

Jonathan I have the FAT 300, the capacity is 600 lbs. and I have been extremely pleased with mine. At times I wish I had the 300S with side foot petal, as to level of the table I am not sure as my concrete floor is very unlevel. I use mine for all the things you listed and would not ever want to be without it. On another note the hydraulic cyclinder does not leak down. The Felder lift tables are expensive and the Barth even more so, but I would definitely buy it again and some time wish I had another.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Rice View Post
    Jonathan On another note the hydraulic cyclinder does not leak down.
    This is great to hear … I cheaped out and purchased a Vestil table from NorthernTool (which I thought was a decent brand) but the leak down is really annoying. I have to wedge blocks between the wheels and frame to keep the table at a specific height. Someday I will upgrade.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

The 300 refers to kilograms weight capacity. If anything, the factory underrates the capacity. We have put a TON of weight on these things in the showroom and never come close to collapsing one. As others mentioned, they do not creep down overnight. Every customer has said the same things to me about their FAT table:

1.) Seems expensive beforehand, lots of hemming-hawing/anxiety.
    2.) Expensive to have shipped, long lead time. These are not re-branded Barth tables, by the way. We manufacture them 100% in-house (except for the gas pistons, hardware, and tops). They actually use cutoffs from our CNC routers to make the FAT tables. Though I am sure the FATs were Barth-inspired
    3.) Felder-branded tops for the FATs are expensive, but nice. Many folks DIY their own.
    4.) After receiving and using one: "Awesome/How did I get by without one?/Totally worth the hassle"

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

It appears that as part of Felder Black Friday, they have, for today only flat rate shipping of $150.00. Unfortunately the online store is messed up and is charging a global tax of 20%. Erik any advice on this? First image is from the email I received today, the Second image is from online store for the FAT 300S
    4AF6A4B2-6D90-45E6-9AC4-8374FC367646.jpgF983239F-42E4-4E48-B2B9-C476D9E87CE2.jpg
    Last edited by Pat Rice; 11-26-2021 at 4:06 PM.

The load bearing capacity is in the product name, 300Kg.

If you need more capacity the FAT500 is available….Regards, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Rice View Post
    Jonathan I have the FAT 300, the capacity is 600 lbs. and I have been extremely pleased with mine. At times I wish I had the 300S with side foot petal, as to level of the table I am not sure as my concrete floor is very unlevel. I use mine for all the things you listed and would not ever want to be without it. On another note the hydraulic cyclinder does not leak down. The Felder lift tables are expensive and the Barth even more so, but I would definitely buy it again and some time wish I had another.

Pat, it’s higher than 600 pounds, it’s 300Kg……Regards, Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    The 300 refers to kilograms weight capacity. If anything, the factory underrates the capacity. We have put a TON of weight on these things in the showroom and never come close to collapsing one. As others mentioned, they do not creep down overnight. Every customer has said the same things to me about their FAT table:

1.) Seems expensive beforehand, lots of hemming-hawing/anxiety.
    2.) Expensive to have shipped, long lead time. These are not re-branded Barth tables, by the way. We manufacture them 100% in-house (except for the gas pistons, hardware, and tops). They actually use cutoffs from our CNC routers to make the FAT tables. Though I am sure the FATs were Barth-inspired
    3.) Felder-branded tops for the FATs are expensive, but nice. Many folks DIY their own.
    4.) After receiving and using one: "Awesome/How did I get by without one?/Totally worth the hassle"

Erik
    Thank you Erik, yes I am expecting the same experience.
    JonathanJungDesign.com

Leaning towards the 300 S for the side pedals, but nearly $1000 extra over the 300 seems excessive for otherwise essentially the same table.

Current lead times 3 months. Waiting to hear about the $150 shipping. Went to order yesterday and I too see there's a 20% tax on everything...waiting to hear back from the rep.

Anyone chime in why the 300 S costs so much more? It can accept the panel lifter which is potentially useful.

Am going to compare the $3000 for the Fat 300 S to a Barth, am curious what their costs are.
    JonathanJungDesign.com

3 grand for the Felder table!?! Wow, this is some serious coin for a foot pump air table.

Just as an alternative that is outside of the Felder echo chamber - I recently bought a used, great condition 2200 lb capacity Bishamon (made in Japan) electric/hydraulic scissor lift with a 35”x51” metal top for $500. This was an exceptional deal that doesn’t come along that often but plenty of similar offerings out there for around $1k.

I added nice locking casters, a shop made 40”x75” MDF torsion box top with built in storage and power and have an assembly, work, outfeed, etc table one wheels that goes from about 24” up to 60” off the floor for around $1k all in plus a day’s labor to sort out and build the top.

Just another way to skin the cat.
    Still waters run deep.

Blog Entries
    I actively try to forget what the Barth cost, but at this range I think they are comparable.

Jonathan, I think the correct price is $2,488 for the 300S. I was able to text with my Felder Rep and got a quote for that price and placed an order for it.