Quote Originally Posted by Bill Schulz View Post
The black forward/reverse switch is a slider, not spring loaded.

PM did lock all the parameters by passcode to keep people from messing with them I think. I too had the passcode for the Jet, I think it came from Doc Green. However I never messed with the VFD for the 7 years I had it before the VFD failed, then it was too late to copy the parameters but Doc Green also had those so I could set up the new VFD.

The good news is I plugged the 3520C back into power last night and it's working as expected again. Go figure. Of course PM is closed until Monday so no joy there but I don't care until it fails again.

Next week my EE friend is coming over and we'll try to trace the wiring logic and diagram it to maybe help understand how the thing works, or don't. I'll keep you posted on status.

Glad it's working again! (fingers crossed, knock on Bubinga) If it gets loopy again and if you suspect the switch, and it is a mechanical magnetic switch (a lot of "if"s!) I might try rapping on it on the back with a screwdriver while sliding it. Not knowing anything about the internals, I'm wondering if something mechanical is hanging up inside.