Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultrasonic cleaners

Bruce
    I have a Chinese made cleaner and find that quality is quite good. The heating element is slow!!

I don't remember the last time I used it.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I am glad I could help.

I have to believe that most of these Chinese ultrasonic cleaners are made in the same factories. Mine has held up for 4 years and is still going strong. I would guess the chances of yours doing the same is pretty strong. 240w of ultrasonic power should be quite effective.

To optimize longevity never run the ultrasonic cleaner without the proper amount of water in it.

Running the ultrasonic cleaner for a few minutes will de-gas the water (drive the dissolved gas out of the water) which will increase the cleaning efficiency of the ultrasonic cleaner. Until the water solution is de-gassed the dissolved gas in the water muffles the ultrasonic waves weakening the ultrasonic waves that hit the surface you are trying to clean.

For complex shapes, like a carburetor, you will need to rotate the item in the solution periodically so the ultrasonic waves will hit all sides of the object being cleaned.
    Last edited by Michael Schuch; 11-29-2021 at 8:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Schuch View Post
    I am glad I could help.

Mine has held up for 4 years and is still going strong.
    I would be very happy to get 4 years out of it.
    How often do you use yours? I envision using it in three 20-30 minuet sessions, twice a month.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I would be very happy to get 4 years out of it.
    How often do you use yours? I envision using it in three 20-30 minuet sessions, twice a month.

It stays heated on my bathroom counter with alcohol and distilled water in it. I dunk my glasses in it a few times a day then wipe them off. Every other day or so I will fire it up for a couple of minutes to clean my glasses ultrasonically. More than a couple of minutes will start causing issues with the expensive coatings on the glasses. My daughter likes to use it a few times a week to clean her glasses too.

Every 5 or 6 months I will drain the tank and fill it with vinegar and water to remove the calcium scale from several plumping fixtures. Basically when ever the shower head starts to spray in funny directions. I will clean the water tank on my cpap at the same time. I also clean my cpap mask a couple times a week in the alcohol and distilled water mix.

So I would say my little Chinese ultrasonic cleaner gets a fair amount of use.
    Last edited by Michael Schuch; 11-29-2021 at 9:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Kev, from what I have been reading, most of the commercial cleaning solutions like Simple Green, Evaporust, and homemade concoctions using Dawn dish soap are pretty safe. That is something that would need to be confirmed before using. Of course, you would want to be careful if the solution is heated to 180*.

If I'm on the same wave length (no pun intended) as Kev, then I think he means the vibrations will do your fingers no good