Thread: if they gave awards to interviewers, guitar this time

if they gave awards to interviewers, guitar this time

Then Rick Beato should be near the top of the list

For any musicians Rick is a gift. There is a you tube on young Joe maybe 13 and at that age his playing was stellar. Like early Clapton where he was open and free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUbo8mreVWA

Bonamassa is usually cranked up loud in my shop!! Got to keep my bi&_$hy neighbor awake

rick has another you tube on Bela Fleck. Part way in he played a clip from 10 or so years ago. Playing stunning and he said he had just seen him live and it was even better. He said he was stunned. I always look for new stuff with players as so many keep growing what you saw five years ago or ten always great then recent better. I know I looked at Bela Fleck many years ago as some said make sure you do. Ill check for some you tubes later today. Ricks you tube on him is worth the time. Hes on a banjo and an incredible player. Here is the you tube he plays 2 minutes in. The thing Rick says is he is improvising and he says the clip is nothing compared to what he heard and saw live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRtuVAuxYWs
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 12-02-2023 at 10:56 AM.

I've always wanted to see Bonamassa and Satriani play together...don't think it's ever happened. (Maybe with Vai in a future G3 line-up?)

Or they could add Walsh to the mix and and tour as "Three (Above-)Average Joes".
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

old musician friends took me to see G3 years ago. As a former sound man and recording guy cant say I loved it. All stunning players but it was a giant pissing contest at times,

The sound man kept getting louder and louder and he didnt get he was past and had overloaded the room. It was so loud at one point and me some rows back the kick drum stopped my heart and it skipped a beat or two and my arm went out and hit my friend beside me. The sound when three playing was muddled noise made worse cause the room was overloaded. If one person played fine. Then i was deaf for three days. Im old school, didnt know now you need to take ear protectors to a concert. That was Massey Hall in Toronto. It had good acoustics but some rooms can only take so much sound. Heard its had a total rebuild paying huge attention to acoustics but never been back. That night I was looking at the ceiling waiting for chunks of plaster to fall on us.
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 12-03-2023 at 4:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    old musician friends took me to see G3 years ago. As a former sound man and recording guy cant say I loved it. All stunning players but it was a giant pissing contest at times,

The sound man kept getting louder and louder and he didnt get he was past and had overloaded the room. It was so loud at one point and me some rows back the kick drum stopped my heart and it skipped a beat or two and my arm went out and hit my friend beside me. The sound when three playing was muddled noise made worse cause the room was overloaded. If one person played fine. Then i was deaf for three days. Im old school, didnt know now you need to take ear protectors to a concert. That was Massey Hall in Toronto. It had good acoustics but some rooms can only take so much sound. Heard its had a total rebuild paying huge attention to acoustics but never been back. That night I was looking at the ceiling waiting for chunks of plaster to fall on us.
    BTDT: "The good news is, we've got great seats. The bad news is, we've got great seats."
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.