Thread: Trotec Ruby Tips, Tricks, & Bugs (feedback wanted)

Trotec Ruby Tips, Tricks, & Bugs (feedback wanted)

Hey everyone, I thought I would get feedback from others using Trotec Ruby. The manual that is posted (rubyhelp.com) is basically non-existant and I'm hoping we can put our tips and ticks here.

1.) Ruby TIP: Install fonts on your Ruby host machine (windows computer at the physical laser) and reboot Ruby, you will have new fonts. I recommend https://webdevtrick.com/2300-fonts-pack-download-free/ tons of free fonts in his file.

2.) Ruby TIP: Rotary Position: It took me longer then i care to admit, but for those who dont know, the rotary starts at the position that its currently on (i.e. if the r-axis is at 0, it will reference the start point from there. Additionally on the "Prepare" page, the red line is R-axis 0, below the red line is positive R-values and above is negative. I.E. if you do not want it to rotate around, start your design below the red line.

3.) Ruby BUG: SVG files, imported will be distorted on the horizontal axis, when on the rotary... or at least that is the luck i have had.

I have more but ill post them later.
    Last edited by Chase Williams; 11-24-2021 at 8:20 AM.

4.) Ruby BUG: When applying an image/vector, if the image is in CMKY color mode, Ruby will perceive a level of grayscale vs 100% black and reduce power accordingly.

5.) Ruby BUG: On various jobs we will get a single line that is shifted an incredibly small amount on the y-axis, while the shift is small its noticeable and ruins the job. This happens at a singular random position and with a redo, I have not seen it repeat. There are no pauses or repositions in the job and the rotary and object are secured tightly.

6.) Ruby BUG: We have issues when doing multiple passes on the rotary with there being a slight shift on the x-axis. I am not sure if this is a Ruby bug or something else going on, but its caused us to lower our speed vs a quick clean up 2nd pass.

7.) Camera TIP: If you hookup any webcam to the computer running Ruby, if you can get it aligned right, you can have ruby show you the bed of your laser. Just go to Settings -> Lid Camera and select your webcam. Its pretty cool if you get it aligned right, pretty annoying if its not.
    Last edited by Chase Williams; 11-24-2021 at 8:20 AM.

Hi Chase, is #7 to help view the table for observation purposes or position work in Ruby & on material?
    355 - 10400 : )

It’s unclear, I believe that Trotec is working on a camera that will do position work as it has gridlines (just gut feeling), but without the right lens your probably just stuck with observation. It’s a cool feature but useless without the right lens and placement position. I disabled it on mine.