Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Felder fritz and franz?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike King View Post
    You can still accurately dimension tapers with a bump stop and the Ruwi F&F.
    That's a good point. I hadn't considered gauging a taper off the rip fence. There are probably plenty of other tricks to learn. I will say that since I added tapes and stops I use my jig more often than before.

What is the nature of the edging on the Ruwi jig? Springy, sticky or just soft plastic?

I don’t know what Ruwi uses but probably similar to the green F&F edging that came from Germany. It’s sticky and medium soft. The 45 degree ones have Resource Conservation Dry gaskets for the edge. They are very soft and work about as well. If never felt the need for stops on these and just use the fence as a bump stop.
    the Ruwi one is nice and would be difficult but not impossible to shop build a copy.
    479B349C-24FB-4DD2-B215-AC398F53FF79.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Calhoon View Post
    I don’t know what Ruwi uses but probably similar to the green F&F edging that came from Germany. It’s sticky and medium soft. The 45 degree ones have Resource Conservation Dry gaskets for the edge. They are very soft and work about as well. If never felt the need for stops on these and just use the fence as a bump stop.
    the Ruwi one is nice and would be difficult but not impossible to shop build a copy.
    479B349C-24FB-4DD2-B215-AC398F53FF79.jpg
    Joe, you should also show that neat dealy ma bob that fits on your stop -- it's really cool and works spectacularly for cutting miters with the Franz on you Martin...

Mike, the clip on stop extension is 200 mm long. You just subtract that from the fence reading to get the size. Also works on the MiterX. Stops are thicker on the T17 but will be simple to make one for that saw.
    F88AC7C8-E362-4B93-8E7B-5A3CFE27A6A2.jpg
    BCB7AE65-EAEC-4BDD-88D5-5975DA8CEC1A.jpg

Blog Entries
    Thanks Joe!

I see this you tube which shows the uses pretty well. having been on cabinet saws all of my life these are mostly cuts done on my cabinet saw with my own Hans and Frans jigs. Made up ply offcuts and staple gun time of cut of need.

You cant work a big slider like a cabinet saw and vise versa. My view the Fritz and Franz allows you to do cuts you could not do on the rip fence as the carriage is in the way. This guy shows how many different cuts are done. Its a good explain for me not having been on sliders but with a entry level one now. I had the sound off as a video is worth 1000 words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqzVglze9Nk

7. Red face

I've been lurking on the site for at least five years and have recently become a slider owner (Felder K500S). I just wanted to throw my own Fritz & Franz jig up here too, for anyone thats interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skzo_BYhq08
    Tim Wilmots was the original inspiration for me to get a slider, but I also wanted to express my heartfelt thanks to Jim Becker for all the quality content I've been reading all these years on Sawmill Creek. Cheers and much appreciated!

Easy enough to make one with flips, but you really can’t beat David Bedrosians for the price if you don’t want to build your own. The only real advantage that I see to the ruwi that i see (and at a huge cost is the metal clamping elements