Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Considering a Ford Maverick

Blog Entries

Considering a Ford Maverick

The Maverick seems like the perfect size and price for a truck (for me). I hardly ever carry sheet goods so the small space is OK. Here's my dilemma, I understand the Maverick is based on a car platform. I've had really bad experiences owning Ford cars (my understanding is their trucks are better built). After owning a focus that put my mechanic's kids through college should I say away? Heir really isn't anything else in this size to compare it to (I'm not buying a hyundai). As always I look forward to hearing your opinions and thanks in advance.
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known
    - Carl Sagan

I'm interested too. Ford truck reputation is based on their made in USA F-series. Where's the Maverick going to be built? Or just get a Ridgeline - best vehicle I ever owned.

OK I looked it up. Maverick will be made in Mexico, if that matters to you. I dont think thats either good or bad, but they'll probably still refer to it as made in North America.
    Last edited by Stan Calow; 11-23-2021 at 12:16 PM. Reason: more info
    < insert spurious quote here >

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    Maverick will be made in Mexico, if that matters to you. I dont think thats either good or bad, but they'll probably still refer to it as made in North America.
    You do know that Mexico is part of North America so referring to it as made in North America is accurate. Oh, and just to be sure, so is Canada eh!

Never heard of it but just googled it. As long as you don't load it down it should be okay. I have a F-150 Lariat 4X4 and like it but find the 5'5" bed a little small. I can't really lift a 3/4" 4X8 sheet of plywood anymore so I just plan the first rough cut to downsize anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    You do know that Mexico is part of North America so referring to it as made in North America is accurate. Oh, and just to be sure, so is Canada eh!
    I think the implication is that Ford will say North America instead of Mexico because there are a lot of Americans who don't realize Mexico is part of North America.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Yes of course I know that! I just think its intentionally misleading to advertise that way, because most people who see that statement think it means the same as Made in America, interpreted as Made in USA. Why do I think that? Because people say so when I mention that despite all the flag-waving commercials, it doesnt mean what they think it means.
    Last edited by Stan Calow; 11-23-2021 at 1:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yes of course I know that! I just think its intentionally misleading to advertise that way, because most people who see that statement think it means the same as Made in America, interpreted as Made in USA. Why do I think that? Because people say so when I mention that despite all the flag-waving commercials, it doesnt mean what they think it means.
    Sorry, that makes no sense at all to me. North America means North America. What's ambiguous or deceptive about that? USA, despite the opinions of some, is not the center of the universe. Everyone knows that's Toronto

edit: sorry for the inside Canadian joke.
    Last edited by Frank Pratt; 11-23-2021 at 2:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    Sorry, that makes no sense at all to me. North America means North America. What's ambiguous or deceptive about that? USA, despite the opinions of some, is not the center of the universe. Everyone knows that's Toronto

edit: sorry for the inside Canadian joke.
    OK, some of us get the joke, some outside Hog Town might not like it. Oops, another inside Canadian joke.

Frank sorry to belabor my pet peeve. Yes, its technically correct, but I think its misleading especially after decades of NAFTA-bashing, and Buy American campaigns. Kind of like selling Imported Fosters Lager "Australia's Favorite Beer" with a kangaroo on the label, imported from . . . Canada (my favorite country to visit BTW).

Frank sorry to belabor my pet peeve. Yes, its technically correct, but I think its misleading especially after decades of NAFTA-bashing, and Buy American campaigns. Kind of like selling Imported Fosters Lager "Australia's Favorite Beer" with a kangaroo on the label, imported from . . . Canada (my favorite country to visit BTW).
    That's not a Kangaroo, it's a Raptor as in the Toronto Raptors.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    I think the implication is that Ford will say North America instead of Mexico because there are a lot of Americans who don't realize Mexico is part of North America.
    Sadly there are a lot of Americans that don't realize New Mexico is a part of the U.S. of A.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I thought this is what you were referring to. I didn't realize they had resurrected the name

Ford.jpg

Consider the size and the market for the Maverick. I don't think that the platform is going to interfere with that and it will be very suitable for its specific capacities. There's no need for a heavy body-on-frame design. I think this vehicle fills a very nice niche that's been somewhat neglected for a long time.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

when I saw this thread I thought of a friend of mine that had a Maverick his name Fast Eddie Schartman.
    https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=AOaemvJ_NLCjT_5fOj_8ICext5ioEe4vXg:16 37754324278&q=Fast+Eddie+Schartman+Maverick&sa=X&v ed=2ahUKEwjW-uil9rD0AhUplIkEHW_DAacQ1QJ6BAgcEAE&biw=1333&bih=59 9&dpr=1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    when I saw this thread I thought of a friend of mine that had a Maverick his name Fast Eddie Schartman.
    https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=AOaemvJ_NLCjT_5fOj_8ICext5ioEe4vXg:16 37754324278&q=Fast+Eddie+Schartman+Maverick&sa=X&v ed=2ahUKEwjW-uil9rD0AhUplIkEHW_DAacQ1QJ6BAgcEAE&biw=1333&bih=59 9&dpr=1.2
    Good old Fast Eddie, remember him well.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.