Thread: Christmas presents and quick projects

Christmas presents and quick projects

I moved into an apartment at the beginning of this year. I have my own garage and set up my bench and tools there, thinking I’d keep making things. It isn’t the best setup, so I really haven’t done much this year. I don’t like working very late, because people’s windows are nearby and someone else’s apartment is directly overhead. There are also no lights or outlets in the garage, so all my light comes through the open door or a camping lantern.

Since Christmas is getting near, I decided I would make a few cutting boards as presents. I can knock them out quickly on a weekend when I have daylight and people are generally out and about anyway.

I’ve got one done in maple and walnut and I’ll do a couple more that are all maple.

What quick things do people like to make for Christmas presents?

C38CA0B7-60C5-4748-8F80-8AF1C34C36A8.jpg

Blog Entries
    For my grandkids and other family members it was wands, spoons, boxes and rolling toys.

Wands almost require a lathe. Spoons can use a lathe or carving tools.

Here is Christmas 2008:

Kids Looking in Chest.jpg

Mike is in the center. He drove up here not too long ago.

Cutting boards are good for adults. Also an organizer box might be enjoyed:

Today's entertainment systems might have more than one remote. This works fine on our sofa to keep the remotes from getting misplaced and to hold mail or magazines:

Sofa Organizer.jpg

Years ago spice racks were the thing. Then various brands of herbs & spices came in a pretty much standard size container.

Could a friend with a shop possibly use a screwdrivr rack?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)