I read his book.

Read some other books

Looked at lots of pictures.

Built a Roubo with some wood from a tree on family property, because its what I had. I have to say it was onery to work with (Elm).

Love the bench.

My previous bench was two layers of 3/4 plywood on a 2x4 frame (shop note plans, early in my ww journey). Loved that bench also and handed it down to a friend that gets tremendous use out of it to this day.

The bench before that was a black and decker workmate. Actually I still have that but dont really use it as a WW bend anymore. But again it gets used.

Sometimes I waller around on the floor with stuff.

Would love to build another bench, it is a fun project. But cant find any reason to. I do appreciate that Mr Swartz is passionate about workbenches and likes to build them. And share his opinion - he is a better writer than I.... and I learned a lot from his material.

I dont mind disagreement. Everyone gets to have an opinion. I take exception if someone is belittling or disrespectful to others just because they do not share the same perspective. I, as the listener, get to filter what information I take in whatever way I choose. AND, I am wrong a lot. That doesnt bother me either (and in fact it is one of the most effective ways to learn).

So thats my opinion.