Thread: Selling a Dust Collector

Selling a Dust Collector

I'm replacing my Dust Collector which is probably on marginally interesting to many. It is an HF "2 HP" with the upgraded impeller, so not much. It does have a Super Dust Deputy and Wynn Nano filter with it though, as well as a collection bin and "Bin Full" sensor. I've had it listed locally, but not getting much interest. Do you folks have ideas as to how else to move it along? I'm most interested in getting it to someone that can appreciate and use it, and I'd give it to the right person. How do you find that person?

I think it will take a little time , so be patient . I"ve built 3 shop built cyclones , and still use the last one . The others went to people I knew and expressed interest to me , " hey , want to sell it? " I traded one for my daughters first car , worth $500 maybe . You need that person who understands the reason to want a 2-stage DC , but has a limited budget . Try Facebook Marketplace if you haven't already , also Forum classifieds for woodworkers . I think it will find a home sooner or later . Good luck .

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Starr View Post
    I'm replacing my Dust Collector which is probably on marginally interesting to many. It is an HF "2 HP" with the upgraded impeller, so not much. It does have a Super Dust Deputy and Wynn Nano filter with it though, as well as a collection bin and "Bin Full" sensor. I've had it listed locally, but not getting much interest. Do you folks have ideas as to how else to move it along? I'm most interested in getting it to someone that can appreciate and use it, and I'd give it to the right person. How do you find that person?
    Might contact local woodturning and woodworking clubs. Many will send out emails to all members and someone with limited resources or know of a program that needs one. Several years ago I acquired one similar to that for a local kids program.

I paid $30 for the used HF dust collector I purchased off craigslist. The only reason I purchased it was because it had an expensive ridged filter on it that I took off and put on my Jet 3hp dust collector. I then donated the HF to Goodwill with the bag filter from my Jet dust collector. I haven't seen used HF dust collectors sell for much or move very quick in my local CL.

I've been contacted by a fellow Creeker and it is going to someone that needs it. Creekers are the best!

I was going to post this as a longshot for someone who needs it. Maybe they are one and the same but doubtful.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....rthern-Indiana

It looks like it isn't going to work out with the the first person. Ron, it appears I'm too far from Ricc. I guess I'll have to just see if anyone else pops up.

I'm uncertain when I will be visiting my daughter outside Cleveland again or I would try to arrange something for Ricc. I see you aren't to far away from her. I'm sure someone will need/want it.

Put it in the classifieds here, Lisa. (wink, wink...nod, nod...)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I sold the one I had on facebook marketplace. Took a while to sell, i think it sold in about 6 weeks. It was actually a copy of yours but with delta guts. Also had a wynn filter, super dust deputy, Rockler compression hose and bin sensor that I installed

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Kapl View Post
    I sold the one I had on facebook marketplace. Took a while to sell, i think it sold in about 6 weeks. It was actually a copy of yours but with delta guts. Also had a wynn filter, super dust deputy, Rockler compression hose and bin sensor that I installed
    I sold my delta dust collector (small 1.5 hp with cloth bags) back in January, also on Facebook Marketplace. I put it up for the right price ($150) and it was gone the next day for asking price. I am sure I could have gotten more as tool prices are through the roof but it was out of my way in a day.