Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does 'nextdoor' think I should join?

1. Like others said, it has it's place. If you live in a tight knit community it is useful as people here post heads ups about anything out of the ordinary, when they have some garden items to trade, found pets, etc. The moderators are heavy handed on some things. Negative comments, even those helpful and not offense are deleted but religious posts flourish. We've gotten rid of many excess items and it's not crazy like craigslist.

Minutes from monthly police meetings are posted as well. For me it's the least obtrusive of social sites. As posted above you can invite neighbors to join and most certainly that's what happened in your case.

I’m not on it, but my neighbors are. A lot of Lion and Bear activity, sighting and happening news from what I can see and you can’t forget the local garage sale listing. The other evening just after dark a VW bus had a head on with an AT&T bucket truck. The VW guy unbelievably to me escaped with minor injury while they had to cut the truck driver out. The bus drivers dog was ejected and ran off. It took no time at all and there were folks up and down the hills along the road. Took a day and a half, but they found the dog and got him to the vets and to the owner

Just a few minutes ago, I took a look at it, and there was an ad for an attic insulation installer.......in New Jersey.

Neighborhood indeed.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

It has become full of ads over the past year. Almost useless now.