Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMI LaserGraver SE2025 laser engraver?

do anyone know if windows 98 and coreldraw9 compatible with old laser graver se2025...?

my graver was made in 1998

i need to make sure these 2 items are compatible first otherwise i could spend hundreds of hours for nothing trying to troubleshoot why i keep getting bad data error on any file sent to the machine

My recollection is that they would be. My first engraver was a Universal 25 watt which I think is the model you have. I started with Corel version 8 and then went to 11. I believe I also used Win98. I think I bought mine in 1997 brand new.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 12-21-2021 at 3:34 PM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Ok well guess im doing somethjng wrong or engraver broken...i keep getting bad data errors when file received

what type of pc are you using with your old graver? im using an old laptop that is pentium3 prob from around 2001..the guy from preco say that if pc too fast that it could have bad data errors....but he not sure...the graver was designed for windows 3.1 and windows 95 era pcs.(386 and 486pc) ..so what he say may be true.

ok thanks

i have an IS400 too

im still getting bad data errors on my old lasergraver SE2025

not sure why

i just send a black filled box via coreldraw 9 and print to machine...and bad data errors all time

Back in the older days- late '80's and early '90's, I used to have to transfer files to the machine from proprietary Motorola computers designed to run my Gravograph 5000XT machines. When I finally got my first PC, the 486 that came loaded with Casmate, I could transfer .PLT files from the PC to a New Hermes conversion program on the Motorola's, allowing me to save logos on floppys for the Motorola, and with a different program I could also engrave jobs directly from the PC- pretty fancy-dancy stuff for 1993 --

Thinking about those days, and your machine being so old, I'm wondering if your machine is looking for a different type of plot file than your driver is sending-? I have no idea where or how to start looking, but maybe this will jog someone else's memory?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I use win98 for my IS400. Correction It is XP.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 12-25-2021 at 2:11 PM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

i may have gotten somewhere with the lasergraver bad data issue......today i decided to mess with it again..i swapped parallel cables..no change...i used 4 diff programs to send file over..no change..i then remembered i had a communication issue with another laser i had that was serial port and i messed in bios and fixed it...so i decided to go into bios and i went into parallel port setting and there were 3 options..bi directional..ecp..epp....it was set to ecp..i chamged it to epp and now the file sent to the lasergraver and i ran the program and it burned ok

this is the first time i have been able to get the engraver to actually run a program without bad data errors..so maybe this will be the fix..ill do some more tesxting another day..im just glad i know the laser tube actually works and my $75 investment in buying this lasergraver may have been a good one

i was ready to scrap the laser machine but figured it had to be something simple....preco(aka LMI) could not help me since they are not familiar with such an old machine ..they tried but failed...if it wasnt for my persistent attitude it may have been scrapped and melted

Last edited by jeremy sanderson; 12-26-2021 at 2:00 PM.

Jeremy,
    Don't give up! Learn the machine!
    When you first turn on the laser there are a bunch of "idiot lights" on the mother board. You have to remove the cover to see them as I recall.
    Each light represents something. I wish I had all the "stuff" from when I bought my machines as I made them give me a complete set
    of schematics which listed all the "idiot lights".
    Back then I liked knowing stuff---now I could care less--funny what time changes.

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Thanks...at least i got it to do something ...the issue is there is no info online regarding this model...its too old...snd preco cant really help me

It seems to be raster ingraving fine but vector engrsving having msjor locstion issues...mschine not going anywhere near where it should

It appears could be a long troubleshooting process but at least i know laser tube is good....i got a 1999 version driver. From preco....i wish i could find a newer dtiver...although .i may actually try my orig 1997 driver again

I believe the engraver is not the issue...i think its all compatibility related...pc/settings ...software...or..driver issue now....which could be difficult to fix with no technical info avail

Lots of trial and error will b needed
    Last edited by jeremy sanderson; 12-26-2021 at 4:47 PM.