Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMI LaserGraver SE2025 laser engraver?

LMI LaserGraver SE2025 laser engraver?

hi

I am new here

hoping i can get some input..i just bought a very old LMI LaserGraver SE2025 in working cond..25W CO2

i only paid $100 cash..i think i did ok

do anyone know if it can be run in windows XP? and are there any negatives and or positives in the manuf and model?

and are these laser engravers pretty reliable even for being 25yrs old?

i figured for the price i paid there is little risk...im just home hobby not business.

Jeremy
    My 1st machine was an LMI!! 2nd was also!
    I started with Windows 3.1 and used them all the way through XP, so yes they will run on XP.
    LMI sent out upgrades to install for the machines to work under various Windows updates.
    Is your machine utilizing serial or parallel ports? Mine started as serial (slow) and LMI upgraded to parallel (faster).
    My Epilog is on ethernet (instant)!!
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

hi bruce thanks

so i do have a few questions..

note ..i am just home hobby not business use

1 is a used graver still usable today?
    2. is the SE2025 raster only or raster and vector? manuf date feb 1998 i called preor they dont know
    3. will the orig driver work in xp?
    4 i dont know if its serial or parallel
    5 is lasergraver machines metal or glass tube laser and is water cooling necessary?..reason i ak is i have 2 metal laser tube machines use synrad and are air cooled only...no water needed...and i have seen posts for lasergraver where water cooling is used...and i thought water cooling was for glass tubes only.

this is me using common sense..even though my model does not have cv in model number that may be irrelevant..i saw some posts mentionaing SE225C raster SE225CV raster vector..but these were made in 1995...so maybe since mine was newer model made in 1998 it by default came with raster/vector capability and hence did not have to have c or cv in model number?/....what you think? internet search comes up with no information pertaining to SE2025 model .although i did see a listing for SE2100 and it says raster/vector made in 1998.
    Last edited by jeremy sanderson; 11-18-2021 at 5:41 PM.

$100 is a very good price!
    Hopefully you can acquire the drivers for it. Mine went with the machine.
    Both my machines did raster and vector. My first one was purchased in Jan. 1995. It had the slow serial port that was
    later upgraded to parallel. You should be able to tell serial/parallel connections from the back of machine (where s/p cables would hook up).
    The original drivers for the machine would have to be upgraded in order for XP to work.
    For $100 it will pay off to keep searching the net---I know there are people out there still using this machine as they are built like tanks!
    I don't happen to know of anyone though.

Bruce
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

thanks ..were your gravers water cooled?
    and do you still have the infamous carve "wrong" aka carvewright..what a POS design

i have one. overpriced hunk of JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only cnc machine i know of that has more down time then run time lol

many fail or have issues only after 10-25hrs of use....heck my conventional cnc has about 1000 hrs on it with no maint and no hardware or elect failures at all...
    Last edited by jeremy sanderson; 11-18-2021 at 5:50 PM.

The lasers I had were air cooled. Never a problem.
    I do still have a CW, hasn't been turned on if ~17 years....need to buy it????

Bruce
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Seems most carvewright owners use their machines as door stops lol...they really are just a gimmick and too limited and overall a horrible designed machine hence why no other company makes similar.

Curious...back in 1995 how much did you pay for the graver?..
    I bet a hell of a lot..im guessing way north of 5k.

$22,500 all in.. Got a bunch of stuff to practice on and somewhat of a start-up kit.
    Also a full day of learning/maintenance.

Bruce
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

guess i saved $22,400 but had to wait 25 years lol

I picked up the graver today.
    Its parallel port connection
    Last edited by jeremy sanderson; 11-20-2021 at 6:34 PM.

hi ..need some help on this old old Laser Graver i just bought used

i power it on ok..i can jog xyz ok

i can send simple rectangle raster file over ok via corel draw..

it shows up at laser machine says 1 file

i then click start and it just shows "waiting......" with a flashing "x" in top right corner of lcd display and it does not do anything after that

no movement nothing

anyone have any idea whats going on?

thanks

i can not send file over without having bad data errors

anyone else ever have this issue with laser graver?

im using coreldraw 9 and windows 98 and parallel port connection on lasergraver SE2025

the machine boots up fine and homes fine and everyhting with no errors
    but when i create a simple raster or vector engrave file and send it..it receives it with errors and when i go to try and run it i can hear the laser shutter click but the gravwer display just says waiting...... and will not start to move or engrave

what are the error messages?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

just misc bad data errors

it will say like bad data "x" at 115
    bad data "a" at 65

etc
    etc

this will not be an easy fix since there is virtually no info online regarding 5this machine

i called preco and they try to help bu noone is familair a whole lot on this very old machine