Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to clear up my HVAC drain?

I'm wondering why you are running a humidifier in November and why you have excess water? The humidifiers that I've used in the past flowed water to the humidifier that was evaporated. There was no overflow.

Or did you really mean DE-Humidifier? If so, why are you running it at this time of year? I would suspect that in up-state NY that you are probably running your furnace and the humidity is low.

Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Brice Rogers View Post
    I'm wondering why you are running a humidifier in November and why you have excess water? The humidifiers that I've used in the past flowed water to the humidifier that was evaporated. There was no overflow.

Or did you really mean DE-Humidifier? If so, why are you running it at this time of year? I would suspect that in up-state NY that you are probably running your furnace and the humidity is low.

Yes, you missed post #9.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice Rogers View Post

I've had both types of HUMIDIFERS. Some have a float like a toilet tank that stops the flow of incoming water when the tank is full. Others drip continuously if the blower is on and the humdistat calls for humidity. The extra has to drain somewhere, either a sink or floor drain etc.

2nd update....
    I opened the valve up until just a bit of water drains from the humidifier. The drain seems to be able to handle it. So, unless something changes, I am good.

I replaced both the humidistat and the solenoid valve over the summer. Maybe one of them was causing extra water to run.